Seeking information on Augustus Tranello. Marinio Elenesa?
Re: Seeking information on Augustus Tranello. Marinio Elenes
from the same article-
COMITATO DELLA “SOCIETA’ MARINAI ELENESIâ€
COMITATO DELLA “SOCIETA’ MARINAI ELENESIâ€
Re: Seeking information on Augustus Tranello. Marinio Elenes
I found that the society was organized in 1911
Re: Seeking information on Augustus Tranello. Marinio Elenes
I see a lot of references to the Comune di Gaeta, but I have not been able to determine if there is a connection. It's something to further investigate, but not tonight.
Re: Seeking information on Augustus Tranello. Marinio Elenes
When I recently interviewed living grandchildren of Augustus, one mentioned Gaeta was where he was told the family was from, but he had no source, details or real confidence.maestra36 wrote:I see a lot of references to the Comune di Gaeta, but I have not been able to determine if there is a connection. It's something to further investigate, but not tonight.
This lends credit to this information and might be a place to start.
Thank you.
Researching Surnames:
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
Re: Seeking information on Augustus Tranello. Marinio Elenes
[quote="maestra36"]from the same article-
COMITATO DELLA “SOCIETA’ MARINAI ELENESIâ€
COMITATO DELLA “SOCIETA’ MARINAI ELENESIâ€
Researching Surnames:
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Seeking information on Augustus Tranello. Marinio Elenes
See my answer on the other thread http://www.italiangenealogy.com/Forums/ ... tml#137927
Re: Seeking information on Augustus Tranello. Marinio Elenes
From Babel Fish
YEAR 1946 Towards the end of the year of the liberation of our earth from the nazifascista yoke, ours concittadini residents to Rochester (New York) re-united and brought together in the society “Society Elenesi Sailorsâ€
YEAR 1946 Towards the end of the year of the liberation of our earth from the nazifascista yoke, ours concittadini residents to Rochester (New York) re-united and brought together in the society “Society Elenesi Sailorsâ€
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Re: Seeking information on Augustus Tranello. Marinio Elenes
The section I posted last night was only part of pages and pages where the Comune di Gaeta was referred to over and over. I saw Livio's response on the other thread and I believe that the Comune of Gaeta is the right town.
I also found this:
The Borgo di Gaeta , Gaeta village outside the walls, with the Royal Decree of 15 March 1897 , became an independent municipality under the pressure of its liberal members. It took the name of Comune di Elena in honor of the then princess Elena, the future queen of Italy. Thirty years later, on a Royal Decree of 17 February 1927 , the towns of Gaeta and Helen were united again under the name Gaeta. Il Borgo di Gaeta now identifies itself as a neighborhood Porto Salvo.
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaeta
I also found this:
The Borgo di Gaeta , Gaeta village outside the walls, with the Royal Decree of 15 March 1897 , became an independent municipality under the pressure of its liberal members. It took the name of Comune di Elena in honor of the then princess Elena, the future queen of Italy. Thirty years later, on a Royal Decree of 17 February 1927 , the towns of Gaeta and Helen were united again under the name Gaeta. Il Borgo di Gaeta now identifies itself as a neighborhood Porto Salvo.
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaeta
Re: Seeking information on Augustus Tranello. Marinio Elenes
Thanks, Jim, also for the translation, and to Livio on the other thread as well.
Here's the town's official website:
http://www.comune.gaeta.lt.it/comune/index.asp
Here's the town's official website:
http://www.comune.gaeta.lt.it/comune/index.asp
Re: Seeking information on Augustus Tranello. Marinio Elenes
oops, Livio was on this thread. Sorry Livio.
Re: Seeking information on Augustus Tranello. Marinio Elenes
Thank you all for your help and input. Your comments and responses on my other thread for Marinio Elenesa have added some wonderful food for thought.
[hr]First of all, I will now investigate possible family roots in Gaeta. This forum thread on Ancestry.com suggests that Elena was a commune that was merged into Gaeta. "Marinio Elenesea" having been absorbed into Gaeta matches your helpful research, family stories and explains my difficulty identifying that location.
[hr]Secondly, I am now wondering if my GGF's surname may have actually been Traniello.
As obvious as this document makes the point about the spelling of the last name, I was always told it was Tranello (or Tranella for his brother's branch of the family). So I always presumed misspellings within this document.
[hr]Finally, combining my first and second points together, searches for "Traniello" quickly lead to hits referencing Elena, Caserta, Italy. For example, this naturalization document for an individual I am not aware of relation.
[hr]This discussion has given me new angles to investigate this family line.
Thank you again and I continue to welcome thoughts, observations and suggestions.
[hr]First of all, I will now investigate possible family roots in Gaeta. This forum thread on Ancestry.com suggests that Elena was a commune that was merged into Gaeta. "Marinio Elenesea" having been absorbed into Gaeta matches your helpful research, family stories and explains my difficulty identifying that location.
[hr]Secondly, I am now wondering if my GGF's surname may have actually been Traniello.
As obvious as this document makes the point about the spelling of the last name, I was always told it was Tranello (or Tranella for his brother's branch of the family). So I always presumed misspellings within this document.
[hr]Finally, combining my first and second points together, searches for "Traniello" quickly lead to hits referencing Elena, Caserta, Italy. For example, this naturalization document for an individual I am not aware of relation.
[hr]This discussion has given me new angles to investigate this family line.
Thank you again and I continue to welcome thoughts, observations and suggestions.
Researching Surnames:
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
Re: Seeking information on Augustus Tranello. Marinio Elenes
How do you delete inadvertent posts?
Researching Surnames:
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
