Vendrame family from Oderzo, Treviso 1841 research

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
syama

Vendrame family from Oderzo, Treviso 1841 research

Post by syama »

Hello friends from Italian genealogy,

We are forth Italian generation born in Brazil. My brother is in Europe for the first time and wants to go to Italy find out more about our family roots.
He is very interested in going to Italy, discovering more about the part of the family that didnt go to Brazil and luckily find some of those family members of our generation!

Our grand-grandfather Giovane Vendrame was born in Oderzo, Treviso, Italy in 1841.
We have already done an extensive research from Brazil to discover our genealogical line and with that we have most of the documents of Birth, Marriage and Death of all our ancestors till Giovane Bernardo Vendrame. (Im attaching our genealogy tree) He came to Brazil and his son Jose Vendrame was born in Brazil in 1885, then my grand-mother was born in Brazil too in 1930 and my mom too, then us!

With all that, since my brother could go to Italy to finish the research, we would like to also do the process to get the Italian Citizenship in Italy.

We have no idea on how to proceed in Italy, what to do, what is the first step, how long will take... How does the process work?

We much appreciate if any you know someone that might relate to our family tree as well as directions on how to start and go on to do the process on the Italian Citizenship.

Thank you so much!
Attachments
Vendrame Family tree
Vendrame Family tree
annettekiser

Re: Vendrame family from Oderzo, Treviso 1841 research

Post by annettekiser »

Hi,
I am logged on with a friend Annette, but I am knows as Trevisan2. I can be found at davebiasi@gmail.com

I am doing Vendrame research near Oderzo. Your person that is in europe, needs to to the the city hall aka Comune and research the family members, that left for Brazil. The Comune has records from 1871 and forward of birth, marriage, death, emmigration and so on.

I have researched Vendrame records back to the mid 1600's at the State archives and at the parish level at Soffratta, Moreno di Piave, Treviso, Italy.

There are other groups of Vendrame's that come from Cimadolmo, Treviso, That I have seen in the state archives, besides the Oderzo group.

Additionally, There are lots of Vendrame's coming from Masarada del Piave, Santa Maria del Piave, which are near the Piave River.

I am also doing some DNA research with Y-46 testing to try to link the different Vendrame families together.

I have a friend in Brazil, that send me several names from a Book from the early settlers of Nuovo Treviso area of Brazil. These appear to be your grandparents.

I will look forward to hearing from you so we can talk about the Vendrame research.

Regards,
Trevisan2
trevisan2
Master
Master

Re: Vendrame family from Oderzo, Treviso 1841 research

Post by trevisan2 »

I too am doing Vendrame Research in and around the area of Oderzo.
What exactly what information are you looking for?

Regards,
Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO