dicorce certificates

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
typilgy

dicorce certificates

Post by typilgy »

applying GM->F->Me at NYC consulate

My father has been married several time including before and after my mother. Will I need to obtain divorce certificates/ no decree certifs for all of those? Or just for my mother?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: dicorce certificates

Post by PeterTimber »

ask the consulate! ..Call them or go to their offices in NYC.
~Peter~
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

It's likely the marriage document will show that he was married before he married your mother. You will need those divorce papers and certificate of no appeal. The marriages after the one with your mother you can ignore.

If your mother is also applying (via a pre-1983 marriage), she will need to include her own divorce documents, and if your father is applying, all divorce documents must be submitted.
Richard Connell

Post by Richard Connell »

Need to know what kind of divorce record is needed in NY-you cannot talk to them
Thanks
James Graham
Veteran
Veteran

Post by James Graham »

I spoke with them a few days ago. They need a certified divorce decree and certificate of no appeals. When I requested the divorce decree in Rhode Island, I mentioned to them what it was for and they brought the no appeals document to me without having to ask for it.