1948 Case with Luigi Paiano

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Qliner
Rookie
Rookie

Re: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano

Post by Qliner »

Oh the marriage cert has a whole story around it as well, but suffice it to say: there are two copies -- the copy I have lists her whole name Alice Catherine Frances, born in Caserta Italy, but doesn't list her parents. I contacted the Florida school department and ordered all her school records and found one document that has her name Alice Frances, her father's name, her mother's name and her birth date, born in Italy, etc ...which all coincides with her birth certificate... except her name is Alice Frances on one and Francesca Luisa on the other, the other discrepancy is my grandmother changed HER first name too but thankfully have the official documentation for that. It has been a journey doing all this, that's for sure!
Qliner
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Qliner »

That's right, I recall now Luigi told me that in large cases, they will break it into two trials. He said to keep it 12 and under so I see now why you had two. Have you all gone to Italy as a family and had a celebration? Also, I'm wondering if anyone here has gone and met with Luigi to thank him personally?
rcblair777

Post by rcblair777 »

So my court case page updated on June 17th and it now says "CORREZIONE DATI FASCICOLO". Which translates (using google) to CORRECTION DATA FILE. Anyone have a better translation or know what this means?

Thanks,
Robert
rcblair777

Post by rcblair777 »

Just wanted to update everyone on my case. We have been awarded our Italian citizenship as of today! :) Mr. Paiano said that it would be a 7.5 month appeals period so he said that would end on Feb. 15th. He will then request the paperwork. He says its will probably be 11 months from now before we receive all the docs (birth certs, etc.) from him. Has anyone had it take less than that?

Robert
doncariddi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by doncariddi »

I Don't recall an appeals period for my case although this was now many years ago as I was one of his earlier clients. For me I had the first court case and was informed by Luigi that the judge would make a decision and there was no need for a 2nd trial. (it was myself and 2 brothers on the case). About 6 months we got the decision, perhaps during that time is also the 'appeal' although it was never worded that way to me from Luigi so perhaps that has changed since.

The 11 months estimate is probably accurate for all documents after a tax is paid and that takes some time. Each commune with processing the transcription of the birth records can also vary depending on staffing and how cooperative they are.

So long as you are not in a 'rush'...but you know the outcome will be positive with is great. I'm happy to hear more and more people attaining this. When I started there were only 4 cases won, so I'm really dating myself!

August is all but a non-month in both the courts and many places in Italy if something has to occur Government wise. So I always say don't count August (and in most cases December)!

Congrats.
dojo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dojo »

Congrats RC! I thought I posted on this a while ago, but I guess not. Would you mind to post a timeline here on the length of various steps? From document submission to Luigi, court date set, first hearing, etc...
Vfilho

Post by Vfilho »

Hi everyone,

I´ve been following some postings and discussions for a while.

I´d like to add my testimonial regarding the services and great attitude of Mr Luigi Paiano. In July 13th of 2015 I was emailed by Mr Luigi informing that fortunately the "Tribunale di Roma" awarded me and my mother with the Italian citizenship.

I have no words to express my gratitude to Mr Luigi, that during the entire process, kept me up to speed of what was going on. He has never generated unreal expectations.

My case is GGF > GM > M(1947) > Myself - It was not easy and I remember how hard was to find all documents, translate and get them all approved by the Consulate. Im Brazilian, but the process is pretty much the same in every place. Luigi was also the one who found the birth certificate of my GGF over Padova region.

In my case it was not necessary to having more than one meeting with the judge, and the decision was taken 1.5 mth after the trial. The entire leadtime has taken less than 6 months since we got registered at the Tribunal.

Just would like to encourage all of you to keep trying and never loose the faith. Im so glad to have achieved it and I really hope that all of you can feel the sensation of being awarded with the Italian citizenship. Luigi is a very serious professional, reliable and responsible. I for sure endorse his abilities.

Warm regards
rcblair777

Post by rcblair777 »

Hello Vifilho, Are you now in the appeals phase? My case went the same way and Luigi told me on June 26th 2015 that we had won the case but that there was an appeals period of about 7 months and they could not start processing the paperwork for our birth certificates until after the appeals period. then after our birth certificates where processed he would send us all the paperwork so we could register with AIRE and get our passports. Does all this sound similar to you?
Robert
Vfilho

Post by Vfilho »

Hi Robert,

Yes this is exactly my current status.

Rgds
starkles

Post by starkles »

For those people who recently received a result with their 1948 challenges, I am wondering how long it to for you reach this point? When did you first approach Luigi and when did you make your first payment? I am asking as my extended family is going through the same process as we speak and I am anxiously waiting to hear how we went :)
argentuban
Rookie
Rookie

Post by argentuban »

I'm planning on doing a 1948 case as well. I need to get my great grandfather's marriage certificate and I will have all of the documents I need. I might have trouble with my mother's naturalization certificate - have any of you dealt with having to get a certified copy before? Will Italy accept a certified copy?
eoddom

Post by eoddom »

I'm curious how this would work in marriage situations. My great grandfather moved to the US in 1909 but I'm unsure if and when he was naturalized (working on that through USCIS now). If it turns out he was naturalized before my grandfathers birth (1936) but he married my great grandmother before naturalizing (making her an italian citizen) could I attempt to go through her using luigi?
InvisiblePlatypus

Post by InvisiblePlatypus »

Can anyone recommend the best way to send all the hardcopy documents to Italy? Is there a preferred safe yet reasonably economical way to send them to Luigi Paiano's lawfirm?

A number of my family members are participating in our case, and we had to include a bunch of extra supporting documents due to divorces and remarriage. Consequently, I have to send 45 pages in all. I'm afraid that sending them by FedEx might be very expensive, but I don't want to take any chances losing these documents after all the time and effort I've put into gathering them.
manu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by manu »

@eoddom I would say no, given that she'd be an italian citizen by naturalization and not jus sanguinis. However, I might be incorrect. Luigi would know best, I'm sure.

@InvisiblePlatypus - FedEx is the way to go. 45 pages doesn't seem to be a lot at all, and it won't be much less expensive than, say, 80-90 pages.
eoddom

Post by eoddom »

Manu thanks I'm going to check with him. I'm just waiting for my GGF's naturalization records to find out if I need to go this route or if I'll just be able to do this traditionally.