1948 Case with Luigi Paiano

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
manu
Rookie
Rookie

Re: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano

Post by manu »

casanova wrote:Congrats!! that is great, very quick! mine is in the "In decisione con rinuncia termini per conclusionali" status right now... May I ask you who was your Judge?
My apologies, I didn't catch this. My judge is Monica Velletti. She works really fast for what I can see from my case and another timeline I reviewed.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!
casanova

Post by casanova »

thank you Manu, I will update as I get more info from the website and/or Luigi.
I've heard my judge tends to be fast as well, but let us see.. 29th Sep is just recent (trial date). I am very much looking forward to the next step, obviously.
maerunnalls

Post by maerunnalls »

Hi
manu wrote:SONO ITALIANO!!!! The decision was published today!!!
Hello Manu,

I am interested to see if our trial result has been published. Where of you find this information? I have been following my trial, and I can see that the results have been published but I can't actually see the outcome.

I would so appreciate your help!
manu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by manu »

@maerunnalis in my case when I saw that the results had been published I instantly msgd Luigi, who sent over the sentenza. I would assume lawyers have some sort of special access to see the decisions in PDF.
maerunnalls

Post by maerunnalls »

Hi Manu,

Thank you for your response! I have emailed Luigi.
AdrianBattaglia27
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AdrianBattaglia27 »

UPDATE!! My mother's Italian citizenship through her pre1983 marriage to my dad was recognized by the NY consulate we are waiting for her US b/c to be recorded in Sicily and then she can apply for her Italian passport. All we presented was her b/c, Italian marriage extract showing the divorce in 2006, my dad's affidavit in Italian explaining his absence and requesting they help my mother, and the usual ID and AIRE documents. The fact my dad and I obtained our recognition through the Court system in Italy never came up. So it seems that pre83 wives of 1948 rule victors can apply like any other pre83 wives.
casanova

Post by casanova »

17 days after IN DECISIONE CON RINUNCIA TERMINI PER CONCLUSIONALI and no further news so far :-(((( ... patience!!
casanova

Post by casanova »

Deposito minuta sentenza definitiva, today the 21st of October
Sentenza please come out soon! :-)
manu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by manu »

No worries Casanova. From the judgment being deposited to the actual publication it's nothing. Once you see it's been published contact Luigi immediately. As he sent me my decision a few minutes after I mentioned that it had been published, I have no doubt that he (or avvocati in general) have access to a digital judgment database of some sort.

(Seriously, it was a really fast judgment)
casanova

Post by casanova »

I appreciate your support, Manu. I will keep following up on the weibsite and will do as you recommended... Very anxious, of course :-) thanks again
casanova

Post by casanova »

Very glad to inform I have just became an Italian citizen! Io sono italiano vero! Thanks everyone, thanks Luigi... thank you Manu for the support! Now we need to suffer another 6 months.. but the worst part is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Qliner
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Qliner »

Wonderful!!! What happens over the next six months? I'm still waiting to get a court date.
manu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by manu »

Tanti auguri paesano! :) The period of appeals will pass quickly no doubt. In my case I'm preparing to move to Italy to get my documents sorted, given that the Barcelona Consulate, according to reports from many others, is incredibly slow and I need my EU citizenship sorted out for work asap.
juresanguinis

Post by juresanguinis »

Auguri!!
godego

Post by godego »

Hi everyone,
I've been in contact with Luigi over a 1948 case, but haven't heard from in several weeks...has anyone been in contact with him? Is his email still avvocato@luigipaiano.com? Otherwise, does anyone know another way I could reach him?