Change of Residency from Sicily to Rome

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ericataylor22
Rookie
Rookie

Change of Residency from Sicily to Rome

Post by ericataylor22 »

I have dual citizen who has been living in Italy for just over two months. My home comune is in Sicily, but I have recently decided to make Rome my residence due to a wonderful job. How do I go about changing my residency? I still need to get my passport and health card, and would prefer to get it in Rome rather than having to travel all the way to Sicily to do it.

Any and all advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Change of Residency from Sicily to Rome

Post by PeterTimber »

Since you appear to reside in Italy, you may wish to ask Mr Enrico Sbrulli whose website is in Rome, Italy and is a branch of a California law firm dedicated to Italy land, property issues and general administrative matters at www.italianlaw.net/contactUs.aspx which advertises free 20 minutes consultation. Please let us know what happens. Peter
~Peter~
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

garypeg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by garypeg »

This is what I have learned, going through the process now. Assuming you are renting, your contract must be registered with Agenzia di Entrate. Once that is done go with your Italian i.d. to the Municipo where you live in Rome. There is a form to fill out and that should do it. If you are living with friends or relatives and pay no rent there is another form and you might also need the form given to the police in your zone- Cessione di Fabricao perhaps.