Need newer documents?!?!?!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
k9obsessed

Need newer documents?!?!?!

Post by k9obsessed »

I sent my dad's b/c for the apostille. Yesterday I rec'd a rejection letter from the Nebraska SOS office.
"We are returning your documents for the following reason: State Official signature on the Birth certificate is no long on record with our office. Please request a new Certified Birth Certificate from the Nebraska Department of Vital Records."
The certified copy of his b/c was from 1942. If you have an older certified copy of any documents, do yourself a favor and request a newer one. My appt with the SF Consulate is Dec 17, so now I'm hoping his b/c will arrive early enough for me to send it back to Nebraska for the apostille and returned in time for my appt.
Still waiting for my parents' certified marriage record (I only have the 'souvenir copy). All other supporting docs are in my hot little hands.
Michele Ferrantino
Researching surnames :
Ferrandina; Dianora, DeCicco, DiPrimo from Pomarico, MT