SSN

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
luclor97
Veteran
Veteran

SSN

Post by luclor97 »

Hellò,
I can not find the SSN of Botteri Felix died in 1949 in NY and his wife Mary Botteri (Albasi) died in 1955 in NY.

Can anyone help me?

luclor97
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: SSN

Post by PippoM »

Luclor,
secondo quanto riportato nell'intestazione della raccolta online, questi record sono costituiti da
"Name index to deaths recorded by the Social Security Administration beginning in 1962",
quindi non puoi trovare online questi record, che forse sono disponibili da cartaceo dietro richiesta (ma bisognerebbe approfondire).
Come mai ti sono così necessari?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Even though their names will not appear in the SS index, as Pippo stated, you can still send for their applications for their social security cards. Parents' names and place of birth are on the application. There is an extra $2.00 charge, when the SS number is not known.

https://secure.ssa.gov/apps9/eFOIA-FEWe ... t/main.jsp

Erudita
luclor97
Veteran
Veteran

SSN

Post by luclor97 »

Gentile PippoM,
grazie per la risposta.

Ero interessato a trovare i certificati di morte di questi antenati, ma online non ho trovato nessuna info riguardo i loro decessi... Non capisco perchè non esce niente nemmeno in Ancestry.com...

Pensavo che se conoscevo il numero del certificato avrei potuto risalire ai documenti...

Grazie per la collaborazione.

luclor97 :)
jmb44
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jmb44 »

If you are interested in the social security records, you can request them as stated above. If it is the death certificates you need, then write to the county in which they died, they will most likely have the records even though they do not appear on-line. In my experience the on-line searches for this information are often incomplete.