Giuseppe Verdi ship

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

Giuseppe Verdi ship

Post by gentilejoy@yahoo.com »

Can someone please look at the Giuseppe Verdi ship? Arrival date February 3rd, 1921 passenger list into New York City. Ancestry.com lists a passenger: F?? Pezzano
Year: 1921; Arrival: New York, New York; Microfilm Serial: T715, 1897-1957; Microfilm Roll: Roll 2920; Line: 17; Page Number: 282.

Tried opening the passenger list on Ancestry.com and Ellis Island Foundation, but can not seem to locate this passenger on the list for above sailing, although Ancestry.com says there was such a passenger on the ship.

Appreciate any help with viewing this record document.
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Giuseppe Verdi ship

Post by erudita74 »

Joy
I can view the passenger list through www.stevemorse.org (missing manifest option) -4th option down, put in:

Feb 2, 1921, T 715, roll 2920, frame 591 to begin searching this passenger list, but I can't find an F Pezzano either on the regular manifest pages or the detained passenger lists.

Erudita
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

Erudita-this is the site on Ancestry.com that brings up passenger name: F?? Pezzano
New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
Ship: Giuseppe Verdi
Arrival: Feb. 3rd, 1921

I am having that same issue where it is listing this individual as a passenger, but I can not find the record :(
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Sorry, Joy, but I don't have a subscription to ancestry.com. I was looking for another way to search the passenger list for you.
Erudita
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

@Erudita-thanks! I was hoping to be able to view this particular arrival record since it referenced last name "pezzano" which is ancestor I am currently searching. Unfortunately, somehow the name /document is not found on the ship manifest list. Still searching. Thanks again, Joy.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Joy
The surname is misspelled on the Ellis Island website. His name is crossed off of the passenger list, as you will see when you access it. I believe he is the same person who then arrived in March of that year

First Name : Francesco
Last Name : Pazzano
Nationality : Italy, Italian South
Last Place of Residence : Ardore, Italy
Date of Arrival : February 3rd, 1921
Age at Arrival : 25y
Marital Status : Single
Ship of Travel : Giuseppe Verdi
Port of Departure : Naples
Manifest Line Number : 0017

First Name : Francesco
Last Name : Pezzano
Nationality : Italy, Italian
Last Place of Residence : Ardore Marina, Italy
Date of Arrival : March 13th, 1921
Age at Arrival : 25y
Marital Status : Single
Ship of Travel : San Giusto
Port of Departure : Naples
Manifest Line Number : 0028

Erudita
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I agree with Erudita, the name in the "Giuseppe Verdi" manifest was clearly Pezzano but was transcribed as Pazzano
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

@both Erudita and Liviomoreno-thank you! Seems this is the arrival document of the Francesco Pezzano I was researching. The year of arrival, age and town location in Reggio Calabria tie in with this ancestor. Seems he took a later ship. Thanks again to both of you.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Hi Joy
Happy we found what you were searching for.
Erudita