Have feb 10th appt. in Miami - Any input greatly appreciated

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
JohnnyNight

Have feb 10th appt. in Miami - Any input greatly appreciated

Post by JohnnyNight »

Hi All,

So I have a feb 10th appointment in Miami and I've gathered all the documents I believe I need.

Applying for citizenship through my grandfather or my father's side.

Have state documents for birth, marriage and related apostilled and translated.

Have my grandparents birth and marriage certificates from Italy, along with my grandfather's naturalization papers showing my father was born in the U.S. while my grandfather was still an Italian citizen.

A little concerned about my father's U.S. birth certificate from Pennsylvania, as it doesn't have his first name on it, it says "Baby Surname" and the surname is slighty mispelled. I know it's my fathers as have a copy of a more complete Philadelphia birth certificate, but have been unable to get any original copy of it.

Well we'll see what happens..

Just checked the Miami Consulate site and I see the're charging over $300 for the submission. I can understand that, there are a lot of things to do related to the application.

I imagine all the Consulates are doing that now, but not sure.

One problem though is on their website is says the fee is $382.10, but in a form they have a link to it that says $394.30 and they want it in a money order. Guess I'll send them an email and see if I get a response.

Wondering if anyone has had a recent Miami appointment and could tell me how it went and if there were any surprises or anything that caught you off guard.

So is my understanding that the Consulate will take all your documents and send them to Italy to be evaluated or is that done right at the Consulate..?

Wondering also if the Consulate says all your documents are good then that's it, or if later an official from Italy could have some type of objection.

Any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
JohnnyNight

Re: Have feb 10th appt. in Miami - Any input greatly appreci

Post by JohnnyNight »

So for anyone who is interested, just got a reply from the Miami Consulate about the fee for the application..

They say it is actually $360.65 starting this January 2015..

Don't know if this is just Miami or everywhere..

Be interested about anyone else having an experience with it..
mler
Master
Master

Re: Have feb 10th appt. in Miami - Any input greatly appreci

Post by mler »

The price variation is simply a reflection of the strengthening of the U.S. dollar.