Birth Certificate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Jean Galata
Rookie
Rookie

Birth Certificate

Post by Jean Galata »

Ellis Island records show that my husband's uncle was born on a ship in the water's of Palermo, Italy. We have the ship's name and the date of the birth. Is there any way to get a copy of the birth certificate? Does being born in Italian waters make one an Italian citizen?
Jean Galata
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Birth Certificate

Post by Italysearcher »

I have seen printed forms for babies born at sea. I would start with the Comune of Palermo.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

Since Italy is a jure sanguinis country, it would have been birth to an italian citizen that made him an Italian citizen. It really doesn't matter where the baby was born.
Jean Galata
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Jean Galata »

thank you.
mregina

Post by mregina »

my mother was born in Sicily, how do i go about obtaining her birth certificate? im not even sure back then if they have a record of it, im trying to obtain my italian citizenship through my mother and help from anyone would greatly be appreciated.
mregina

Post by mregina »

Hello its mike regina again, not sure where to post things on this website but here i go with what i have, im looking any family from the sister of my grandfather Placido Regina, her name was Vincenza Regina and they were both from Castel di Lucio, Sicily the other brothers and sisters went to both usa and argentina. is there any way of obtaining any info on her. also what about info (birth records etc...) on my great grandparents they were Antonio Regina and Josefa Regina of Scalzadonna??? i have a lot of info through ancestry.com, and other relatives that are alive but from the part of sicily i have nothing. any help would be greatly appreciated and i thank anyone who reaches out. have a great day Mike Regina from Charlotte, Nc USA
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

What about some dates?
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mregina

Post by mregina »

Hello im Mike and i am having a real hard time finding answers on my ancestors. I would love to have my paternal grandfathers ww1 military record. his name is Placido Regina and was born on january 7, 1896 in Castel di lucio Sicily Messina Italy. How do I go about this? Aslo in addition i would love to have his is birth certificate and marriage liscense. How do I request those documents? any information would be incredibly and gratefully appreciated. Im in Charlotte, North Carolina and i have no way to obtain the items above.

One more things, i recently was given a picture of my paternal grandfather in his military uniform, he has two 5 point stars on his collar, what do those represent? i can not find anything online anywhere. He also has the number 93 on his hat, the insignia is hard to tell what it is, any help on this would be more than appreciated, as my gf did not talk what so ever to any of his kids about the war. none of them no nothing at all, this would uncover new information to all of us about what he did in the war, all i could dig up is he possibly was in the 93rd infantry regiment of the italian front vs austria-hungary of the messina brigade but i could be completely wrong, thank you so much for any help you can provide, have a great day and a better weekend. if you want to see the picture i can send it via email, my email is m.regina78@gmail.com

mike regina
charlotte, NC
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Placido Regina
INDEX#9
1896 Jan 7th in the town of Castel di Lucio birth of Placido Regina son of Antonino Regina and Giuseppa Scolzadonna the baby was presented by Giuseppa Mammana midwife

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2120739

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mregina

Post by mregina »

thank you marty, for all your help. its truly amazing what you have done thus far, i do not have the words to express my gratitude for all you have done. the family is as well very thankful.