Need Help - Copy of Italian Marriage Certificate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
espo678

Need Help - Copy of Italian Marriage Certificate

Post by espo678 »

Hello - I have an urgent need to obtain a copy of my grandparents Italian marriage certificate and was hoping someone could provide recommendations on how to go about it. All I have available to search on are the names of my grandparents, the town where I believe they were married and a range of years when the marriage occurred. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Need Help - Copy of Italian Marriage Certificate

Post by PippoM »

Can you provide town and range of years?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
espo678

Post by espo678 »

Yes, I believe the marriage took place in Marano Marchesato, Cosenza, Calabria sometime between 1918 - 1921. Thanks.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

What where their names? Do you need it for citizenship?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
espo678

Post by espo678 »

Yes, hard to believe but it is needed for my mother's citizenship.

Their names were Eugenio Guerrieri (DoB: February 21, 1896) and Carmela Savaglio (DoB: unknown).

Thanks,

Bob
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Are you sure Eugenio Guerrieri was born in 1896 in Marano Marchesato? Looks like Rende.
PG 1 LINE 3 SHIPMANIFEST
http://interactive.ancestry.com/7488/NY ... _1808-0916

PG 2 LINE 3 SHIPMANIFEST
http://interactive.ancestry.com/7488/NY ... _1808-0917

PG LINK TO MARANO MARCHESATO 1896 BIRTH INDEX
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ilfmm ... births.htm

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
espo678

Post by espo678 »

Yes - that's him. I was thinking that the marriage certificate would be in Marano Marchesato since that was where all the children were born.

As we have been going over info here I was able to contact Pippo and he is helping with this. Thought I'd better mention that before any more was done here. Thank you so much for your help.

Bob
cfcerruti@gmail.com

Post by cfcerruti@gmail.com »

Need help finding birth certificates and marriage certificate for Carlo Leonardo Cerruti (grandfather) and Luigia Demaria (grandmother) from Calliano, Piemonte, Italy. Also would like birth certificates for 3 of their 4 children, Sigisfredo, Celia and Beatrice. My father Frank was born here in USA. The birth dates that I have are the following: Carlo Leonardo (November 16, 1875, Luigia (no date), Sigisfredo (August 22, 1896), Celia (April 29, 1899), Beatrice Mafalda (December 20, 1902). I am in communication via Facebook with Roberto and Egle Cerruti ,living in Calliano, but we can't find how our ancestry connects. This would be helpful, plus for genealogy purposes. All signs point to Calliano.
cfcerruti@gmail.com

Post by cfcerruti@gmail.com »

I do not believe children were born in Marano Machesato. That is in Calabria. All indications are that my paternal side is from Calliano, Piemonte. Ship records and pictures show Calliano as origin. My maternal grandparents were from Calabria. What are your fees for searches if I wish you to continue.