Family from Casalbore

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
AndreaRiahi

Family from Casalbore

Post by AndreaRiahi »

My maternal grandparents were from the province of Avellino, one or both from the commune of Casalbore. My grandfather Gaetano Luongo born in 1878, emigrated to the US in 1903, returned to Italy in 1908 when I believed he married Angela Maria Ignelzi of Casalbore. He returned to the US in 1910, Angela and their daughter Maria joined him in US in 1919. Only siblings I have records for are Angela's sister Lucia who also emigrated to US with her husband Anthony Spina and joined Angela and Gaetano in Geneva New York. I know that Angela and Lucia sent letters to their sister in Casalbore but I unfortunately do not have her name. I also believe that one or more Ignelzi brothers may have emigrated but not certain. I'm looking for help in finding my Ignelzi and Luongo relatives from Casalbore.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Family from Casalbore

Post by Tessa78 »

I posted the link to the Italian Phone book listings for the surname IGNELZI in Casalbore AV at your other posting :-)

There are 15 listed...

AND 8 for Luongo.

T.