1948 / Luigi Paiano - costs?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
junkymotown

1948 / Luigi Paiano - costs?

Post by junkymotown »

Hello all,
First time posting here.
I'm the great-great-grandson of an Italian man who moved to the UK - but because he had a daughter who had a son before 1948, I'm having to look at challenging the 1948 rules.
Can anyone shed a quick light on how much money and time I'll need to budget for if I go through Luigi Paiano to do this?
Kind regards,
Jordan
manu
Rookie
Rookie

Re: 1948 / Luigi Paiano - costs?

Post by manu »

Hi Jordan,

I'm currently in the middle of a 1948 case. I cannot really give you specifics on how much money you'll ultimately spend because it depends on how many family members you will apply with at the same time for the cittadinanza, and the amount of documents and translations you will use.

A very rough monetary estimate would be 3000-4000 euro. Of course, Luigi will undoubtedly give you a much more detailed amount including all the necessary taxes. As for the amount of time it takes, again it depends on how long you take in procuring the necessary documents and translating them, with the apostille included. From then on it can take anywhere from a year and a half to two years.

Hope this helped.
junkymotown

Re: 1948 / Luigi Paiano - costs?

Post by junkymotown »

Thanks manu, that helps enormously.
It's something I'm keen to do - however, as I feared, I think the costs may be a bit prohibitive at the moment. As my family and I are already EU citizens also, it's not as if gaining Italian citizenship would open many more doors for us.
Perhaps when I win the lottery!
Thank you so much for the information.
J