Paolo Marino- Emigration & Immigration Help

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

Paolo Marino- Emigration & Immigration Help

Post by stokkster1 »

So here is what I know

Paolo Marino B abt 1852 San Giuseppe Italy son of Giorgio & Caterina Riela, Married Fillipa Napoli

He arrived in the US on apr 11 1904 with son Giorgio in tow age 17. States going to see son Giuseppe or Brother Hard to read in Brooklyn New York. Question is did he return to Itlay, I can not find him anywhere. Help
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Paolo Marino- Emigration & Immigration Help

Post by Tessa78 »

While the destination on the manifest for Paolo was difficult to read, the destination for his son, Giorgio stated that he was going to his "brother Giuseppe Marino, 267 Elizabeth St., NY".

It is definitely possible that Paolo returned to Italy. Unfortunately, there are no "return manifests" available...

Did you search for each of the sons to see if Paolo/Paul is listed with them?

For reference purposes... here is the link to the original post regarding the arrival.
http://italiangenealogy.com/forum/itali ... logy/35077

T.
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

Post by stokkster1 »

Tessa78 wrote:While the destination on the manifest for Paolo was difficult to read, the destination for his son, Giorgio stated that he was going to his "brother Giuseppe Marino, 267 Elizabeth St., NY".

It is definitely possible that Paolo returned to Italy. Unfortunately, there are no "return manifests" available...

For reference purposes... here is the link to the original post regarding the arrival.

T.
Tessa, I was wondering if Italy keep records like we do of people coming into Italy? And thanks for that street name I could not read it LOL, old and blind as a bat I guess :D
I am trying to track that son down, but Marino was very popular in the states esp. New York so its like a needle in a haystack.
stokkster1
Elite
Elite

Post by stokkster1 »

stokkster1 wrote:
Tessa78 wrote:While the destination on the manifest for Paolo was difficult to read, the destination for his son, Giorgio stated that he was going to his "brother Giuseppe Marino, 267 Elizabeth St., NY".

T.
Tessa, I was wondering if Italy keep records like we do of people coming into Italy? And thanks for that street name I could not read it LOL, old and blind as a bat I guess :D
I am trying to track that son down, but Marino was very popular in the states esp. New York so its like a needle in a haystack.
Also here lies the other problem, Paolo did not marry until 1886 to Filippa Napoli, I have my George born 1887 and sister Caternia born 1893, So if George had a brother Guiseppe in New York he had to be a child younger then George age 17 in 1904, I Have been through most of the records for the 1880's for San Giuseppe and find no other children born to Paulo and filippa, so could it be possible that the Giuseppe that was in New York was Paolo brother instead? he did have a brother named Giuseppe.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

I located a Giuseppe Marino, age 27, residing at 283 Elizabeth St. in 1915 NYS Census.
That would put his a DOB about 1888-89.
He is a baker, and married to Concetta who was born in Italy as well.. They have children
Joseph (Giuseppe) and Pasquale, both born in US

http://interactive.ancestry.com/2703/32 ... 4056-00254

This Giuseppe would have been 16 in 1904. Not unheard of for young men to travel to USA at this age (or even younger)

T.