Looking for PAOLUCCI

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
FindMyRoots

Looking for PAOLUCCI

Post by FindMyRoots »

8O First time poster... I am looking for the part of my family that didn't come to the US. My grandfather Tomasso Paolucci came to the US on 29APR1914 on the ship the Prinzess Irene that departed Naples, he was 18 years old. He was from Castellir, Caserta. He came to America with his brother Loreto. I don't have too much to go on his family other than that. If anyone has information that would help me connect over in Italy, I would appreciate it. I thank you in advance.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Since you use the word connect I take that to mean you are seeking relatives in Italy and, in particular the province of Caserta. The word Castellir has no meaning since there is no town in the Caserta provincethat comes close to any other town. Be that as it may, if you go to www.paginebianche.it and insert Paolucci int he first line and CE (Caserta province) and then click CERCA there will be a listing of 10 Paolucci surnamed persons by name,address and tgelephone number. Perhaps you may wish to review these 10 persons, contactg them by mail (simple english will do with a US dollar for stamps will do if you cannot locate a High school language teacher to write one for you) or further explain the town f origin of your grandfather so that you can zero in on the approrpiate town. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I did a check of Castelliri since that town is in the province of Frosinone in the Lazio region north of the Campania region in which the province of Caserta is located. There is nothing close to castelliri in Caserta and when I took a look at the ships manifest for Tomasso and Loreto it stated Caserta followed by castelise which is not anywhere close to any town in Caserta as well. I dispatched an e-mail to Castelliri in Frosinone province and asked them if they were part of Caerta in 1914 and am awaiting their reply. Sorry your first experience is so thorny. By the way push comes to shove we can check Social security if he died after 1963. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The town is castelliri, Province of Frosinone in Lazio region. My research indicates that the town was chnaged from ther Province of Caserta to the province of Frosinone in 1927. So the town of origin of yoiur family is Castelliri, 03030, Province of Frosinone. If you go to wwww.paginbianche.it and insert the surname in the first line and Castelliri in the third line and click CERCA the listing will emerge. You are on solid ground now. Peter
JRizzo

Re: Looking for PAOLUCCI

Post by JRizzo »

Thank you Peter for the background regarding Castelliri formerly being in the Province of Caserta! That is something that had stumped me too. My great-grandfather, Pasquale Paolucci, is brothers with Tommaso and Loreto Paolucci. I understand this thread was started 9 years ago but I thought it was still worth posting. :-)
Paolub

Re: Looking for PAOLUCCI

Post by Paolub »

JRizzo, Tomasso is also my grandfather. I am traveling to Italy in October and am trying to find family members. I would appreciate any information you have found. I'm not sure which of my cousins is findmyroots above. Castelliri is near isola del Liri. Pasquale came to America correct? My dad can't remember the names of the two brothers in Italy. Joseph and Angela had Pasquale Tomasso lorado and Amerigo. My dad knows Pasquale had Joe and Rose and another he couldn't remember the name. He couldn't remember our now deceased cousin Sandy's father. Amerigo and Emma have twin sons. They are from Rome. They visited our home in the 70s with Sandy. Amerigonand Emma were celebrating their 25th anniversary. They encouraged us to come to Italy one day. I'm hoping to find them or their decendants. I'd love to connect. Joni