Bottini family from Milan 1st generation born in Cali 1900

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
simplyred

Re: Bottini family from Milan 1st generation born in Cali 19

Post by simplyred »

Losna,
Well hello cousin. My family will be very pleased to know that I have found more family. This side of the family tree has been difficult to search out in the old country for my Aunt on my Dads side because of the old country.
Losna

Post by Losna »

Yes, nice to meet you too Simplyred. I'll send you a private email message too.

And my thanks to the suanj and Valarie for the census and other information they posted on my family. I did not know that my great-grandfather Joseph had a WWII draft registration card!

I find that rather ironic because a year or more prior to filling this out, he had been forced to register as an Enemy Alien. I am still trying to find out how to get a copy of that card or any information about his Enemy Alien registration. Does anyone know where I can find that information?

If you look at his ship manifest from the Ellis Island records, there is a handwritten number 22X25227 (505) and the date 3-30-42. I believe this is his Enemy Alien Reg. No. and the date of the registration.

He and my great-grandmother, Teresa, were forced to leave their home in El Cerrito, CA for many months between 1942 and 1943 because they were still Italian citizens. The address on his WWII Draft card was my grandmother, Carrie's home in St. Helena, CA where she lived with her second husband, Hank Longstreet, at that time.

My great-grandparents' forced relocation during WWII also happened to many other Italian nationals in the SF Bay area and other parts of the No. California coast in 1942. Google "Una Storia Segreta" and you can find out more info. But because most of these people were either intimidated by the Govt. to never talk about it or were simply ashamed that it had happened, I never knew until about 15 years ago that this had happened to anyone else besides my immediate family.

My great-grandfather, Joseph eventually died in 1947, before he was able to return to Italy to retire as he had planned. My great-grandmother, Teresa finally became a US citizen in around 1949/1950.

Tery
renatolazaro

Post by renatolazaro »

Hello
would they by any chance happen to be related to
Ludovico Bottini and Giovanna Bolazzi from Lonate Pozzolo
lm going there this August and would really like to meet anyone who
can shed some light on this family.
greetings
simplyred

Post by simplyred »

It is possible that I am related to the family listed. Check out the links in the post for more info. Would be very interested if so.
ridenred36

Post by ridenred36 »

Hello all. I stubled across this board while doing a quick search for my youngest son. He had a school project that required some history on his family. After reading the entire thread which was STRANGLY familiar I see that one of the posters screen name was simplyred. I broke into tears. The info I had read was a conversation between my late mother and you all. Im trying to pick up where mom left off. If there is anyway I could get the email address to those she spoke with that would be amazing. Thank you so much for the info listed.
Aut Bottini

Re: Bottini family from Milan 1st generation born in Cali 1900

Post by Aut Bottini »

Hi, My family bought the Bottini Apple ranch in 1970. 20 Bottini family members had to agree to sell. There was a little shack house there that we heard Old Grandma Bottini lived in by herself through the winters and everything. I am very curious of which Bottini she was and if any one knows the history of how long they owned it and anything about the Apple trees. They are all special Heritage apples that seem like they were planted long ago by Johnny Appleseed...
flymunkay

Re: Bottini family from Milan 1st generation born in Cali 1900

Post by flymunkay »

Also just found this I am sister of Losna. My daughter now lives in Milan and is trying to find info on Fio family from Lonate Pozzolo too. Many many Bottini’s from around there but no luck finding the Fio's.
It may be cold outside, but it’s always warm in here!