Looking for info on the Giaccaglia Family of Loreto, Ancona

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jwbworks

Looking for info on the Giaccaglia Family of Loreto, Ancona

Post by jwbworks »

Hello,

I am working on my family History. My mothers family were the Giaccaglias of Plymouth, MA. My grandfather Dario Giaccaglia is a 1st generation American.

His father (my great grandfather) brought the family over via Naples in 1906.

I have looked at several online resources (world record, ancestry ...) but have not been able to pull up any records from Italy. I tried emailing the city hall of Loreto, but have never heard back. Please let me know if anyone has information or knows of any good online resources.

here is what I have

Antonio Giaccaglia born 1867, Mar 13th in Loreto, Ancona, Italy

Parents
father :Mariano Giaccaglia - born 1845 location unknown
mother:Mariel Crecchi - date of birth and location unknown

sibling
brother: Paolo Giaccaglia - born 1873 Loreto Ancona Italy

I only have records of Paolo and Antonio coming to the US via the Romanic out of Naples in 1907 and arriving in Boston. They lived in Plymouth, MA working on farms.

I am really trying to find out information about my great grandfather, and his parents and any information further back.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thank you for your time

Jeff Werner
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Looking for info on the Giaccaglia Family of Loreto, Anc

Post by PeterTimber »

Mormon church family history librtary has microfilm records for BMD's from 1866 to 1929 in Loreto so you can trace back to Antonio born in 1867 but that is about the extent for BMD's.
\
You can possibly go further back via your Ggrandfather Mariano's' brother Paolo born in 1873 and request a "estratto di Nascita" (long form birth record for Paolo) which will have more information. Further you might also wish as a separate request for a copy of the Certificato di Stato di Famiglia (family certificate showing date and place of birth of each family member) which includes Paolo. If the family certificate is available for the post 1866 and includes Mariano you can have his birthdate and place of birth and that of his spouse, Mariel.

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for the form letters needed (two -one for birth record and one for family certificate) in Italian language. There is no charge. =Peter=
\

There is no charge
~Peter~
Marcas
Rookie
Rookie
Location: Marche (in picture: the Pope venerates Our Lady of Loreto in the real Loreto, which lies in Marche)

Post by Marcas »

Here's my late results which contains several important fixes:

on Antonio Giaccaglia:
- full name Antonio Pietro Giaccaglia
- confirmed birth on march 13th 1867
- his father: Mariano Giaccaglia
- but Mariel Crecchi isn't right
- his mother: Maria Cucco
- funny fact: Mariano and Maria are the masculine and feminine of the same name

on Paolo Giaccaglia:
- not brother of Antonio Pietro
- neither a cousin

on Mariano Giaccaglia:
- 1845 isn't the right birth year
- born about 1816
- a farmer
- lived in Loreto

the farthest ancestor was: Giovanni Giaccaglia
- your gggf

The Giaccaglia tree, from Antonio Pietro to the known ancestors
-- Marcas

Expert in Marche region Image
Origins, surnames, emigrations, families, certificates of birth marriage and death...
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Its been 5 years since we last crossed words...and here we are back again at the same barstools.I did come across three Giaccaglia coming into NY on October 3, 1900 Angela. Antonio (both 33) and Luigia 6 monthd old destined to in-laws unnamed and no address from where they originated nor where they were headed without further research on my part. If this is important then let me know. This NY arrival Antonio was born 1867 (same year as your Antonio.(.the same or cousins?) Peter
~Peter~
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2046896

have you looked through any of the online records for the town at familysearch.org?

Erudita