Macri Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Ademir Monaro

Re: Macri Family

Post by Ademir Monaro »

Hello
My mother's side of thefamily is Macri.
I was born in Brazil and I have the genealogy of the Macri family related to my mother.
It goes back to my great great great grandfather Giulio Macri ( julio macri) in Reggio Calabria,Father of Francesco Macri, who is the father of Salvatore Macri ...who is my great grand father, who died when I was 14 y/o. Then I havethe genealogy of his 8 brothers and so on...big family
vomac

Post by vomac »

would you be able to send me the info online? I would greatly appreciated it. My Grandfather's name was Raphael Macri and he lived in the State of Rio de Janeiro. I believe My great gandfather's name was Paschoal Macri. They left San Giorgio in the province of Calabria headed for Brazil in 1895. That is about the extent of what I know.

Thank You
V
TFMacri84

Post by TFMacri84 »

We are everywhere. U.S. The origin for the Macri family name in in fact greek. My grandfather ( dad's side) pasquale macri born in the U.S. In Philadelphia PA. Although him and his parents moved back to calabria after he was born. Where he remained until the age of 16. At 16 he left calabria. To come back to Philadelphia. Which is where he met my grandmother * (maiden name toscano).. I'm still trying to find more info about the rest of my family. Years ago I looked into ancestry.com. I found alot if the info I knew as fact to be wrong on that site..
mmacri

Post by mmacri »

My grandfather's name was Domenico Macri; he was from San Giorgio, Calabria. He immigrated to Canada before 1940 and lived in Alberta and BC. My grandmothers last name was Sorbara. Relatives in New York City from both sides of the family.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I believe that the information that I thought came from the Memorial do imigrante site in 2009 may have originated from some other source http://www.matespotter.com/search/Maria_Macri and that may have come from still another source (I am not sure after 5 years) http://boards.ancestry.co.uk/surname.macri/34/mb.ashx (no longer operative) Peter
~Peter~