New Orleans passenger arrival

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: New Orleans passenger arrival

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Maybe Leoluca had two families... The Cutrone's in New York and the La Rizza's in New Orleans.

Hey, it's been known to happen! :)
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
lnyhuis

Post by lnyhuis »

The passport application for Leoluca Cutrone was for the uncle of Lucia Cutrone. It is not the same man as Leoluca La Rizza (Rizzo). Leoluca and Lucia were married in Morgan City in 1905. Every document that I have states that he arrived in New Orleans in 1899. that could be incorrect but it certainly would have to be prior to 1905 for the marriage to occur.

I want you to know how much I appreciate the work you have done to help me on this. I have spent the last 10 years trying to locate an entry for this man into the United States with no luck. It was only in the last month that I found out the name had been changed from La Rizza to Rizzo and I have to assume it was when he entered the U.S.
lnyhuis

Post by lnyhuis »

No, as far as what I was told Leoluca La Rizza came with his brother Guiseppe (Joseph). The family had no information on Joseph. I had a copy of the 1910 census and from there they moved to California. Leoluca Cutrone and the other Leoluca are two different people. However, they would have been related by marriage at some point.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

That's what I thought... :-)

I'll keep looking for Leoluca LaRizza's immigration (it could also be a border crossing and not a ship arrival)

As I was searching I came across a ship manifest for the SS Vincenzo Florio arriving in New Orleans on Jan 4, 1906. There were three passengers whose destinations I thought I would pass on.

Vincenzo Ruffino, 28, and Rachela Saulle (?), 28, were going to his "brother-in-law Leoluca La Rizza at Box 187, Patterson, Louisiana"
Ermangilio (sp?) Quintale, 11, was going to his brother Rosario LaRizza at the same address...

I will look for Giuseppe...do you know if he was older or younger?

T.
lnyhuis

Post by lnyhuis »

I have no idea. What you found is very interesting. I believe my great grandfather did live in Patterson for a short time.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

You never know what might later become a lead... :-)

file it away ...

T.
sarahlarizza4

Re: family name LARIZZA

Post by sarahlarizza4 »

I am after some information regarding the Larizza family name from Calabria Italy, my Great Great Grandfather is Rocco Larizza born between 1860's to 1880's he married Caterina Rositano and had 5 Children I think he was married twice his kids names are Giuseppina, Cosimo, Francesco, Vincenzo, Antonia, Domenico is my great nonno and born 1903,
Domenico had 9 Children 2 boys moved to Australia

Apparently Rocco Larizza moved to America and then his wife passed so he moved back to Italy
3 of his sons went to WW1

My Nonno Antonino who is Domenico's son has never mentioned anything about his Uncles Aunties or any relatives besides his own brothers and sisters he never spoke about other family.

sarah.larizza@hotmail.com