Matteis/ Raritan NJ

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
djahde

Re: Matteis/ Raritan NJ

Post by djahde »

Mike B. - My mother confirmed that she and your mother are cousins. She recalls your family moving to Florida and that they referred to your Grandfather as "Mickey" and mentioned one of your uncles was an air force pilot, once stationed at Nellis AFB.
---------------------------------------------------------
Researching Surnames: Bottecchia, Giacomel, Della Bona, Zambianco, Pivirotto, Menegus, Matteis, Braca
mbdorfer

Post by mbdorfer »

Wow, I haven't been on this site in a while. What a pleasant surprise to see your post. I've recently had the urge to pick up the research again. I don't have much, but will share what I know. I'm living with Mom in Clearwater, Fl.

Mike B
Researching the names; Matteis, Braca, Moscariello, Cristiano, Tortoriello, and Tedeschi.
djahde

Post by djahde »

Saw your message while I was cleaning up my yahoo account. Nice to hear back. I am starting my research back up again too. My Mom and I are planning a trip to Italy in the next couple years so time for me to get back at it. If I find anything new, will let you know as well!
-Deanne
Researching Surnames: Bottecchia, Giacomel, Della Bona, Zambianco, Pivirotto, Menegus, Matteis, Braca
mbdorfer

Post by mbdorfer »

Deanne, do you still come onto this site? I am just now back at it and realized that you must be Lois' daughter. Don't have much new info, but your Grandfathers given name was Enrico
Researching the names; Matteis, Braca, Moscariello, Cristiano, Tortoriello, and Tedeschi.
djahde

Post by djahde »

Hi, I'm back researching! I did DNA tests on ancestry.com and 23andMe so my curiosity is peaking again. I am Lois' daughter and you are correct, my grandfather's given name is Enrico. My mom did the ancestry DNA test too, so at least I can weed out connections that are coming from her versus my Dad's side. Oddly, I have an unexpected Southern Italian connection that appears to be coming from his side. Surnames Contento, Grassi and Colucci. I'm trying to figure out what is going on there!