Surname: Pascucci

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Pascucci

Surname: Pascucci

Post by Pascucci »

[align=center]Any info on Albino and Marino Pascucci who immigrated to South Africa in 1892 from Ancona Italy. Busy with my family tree at the moment and need to trace family back to Italy......anyone with the same names in their family tree?
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Surname: Pascucci

Post by adelfio »

Welcome do you have any other info such as birthdates or did they live in the USA at all or lived in South Africa....
Marty A
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Pascucci

Post by Pascucci »

Thank you so much for the quick reply. This is the info we were given by my late Aunt (who married into Pascucci family) that was busy researching the Pascucci Family. Exact wording: Albino Pascucci. Arr. from "Ancona", Italy, 1892, with his younger Brother Marino. Their parents and sister arrived in 1896. born 18th June 1874, in Ancona, Italy. Died in Cape Town, S.A. Oct 1939. Buried 26 Oct 1939.

We we told about a Marino Pascucci that had died in Simonstown, South Africa in an accident while builing Simonstown Dock yard. The only info i could find was a gravestone in the Seaforth Burial grounds in Simonstown with the following birth and death date 1882-1908. I dont have any info on the sister, only name i can find is Arduina Pascucci but not sure who she was. I am trying to find the father and mothers names of Albino and Marino and maybe even trace back further than that.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Ancona is both a comune and province if you know they were born in the town or comune as the italian word town heres the info for writing for records in the comune of Ancona. The request has to be in italian
Address
Comune di Ancona
Largo XXIV Maggio,1
60123 Ancona (AN)
Italy
Here is a website for a form letter in italian for records
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
Here is another website for info on italian records
https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Italy_ ... al_Records

Marty A
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Marcas
Rookie
Rookie
Location: Marche (in picture: the Pope venerates Our Lady of Loreto in the real Loreto, which lies in Marche)

Post by Marcas »

I did check the birth registry of Ancona from June 5th to July 5th 1874. Not found.
I suggest that Ancona is not the right city.
-- Marcas

Expert in Marche region Image
Origins, surnames, emigrations, families, certificates of birth marriage and death...
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

This might be a lead, a slim one I agree, but a lead that should be followed. First names in Italy are important and tend to remain in families. We know there is MARINO, ALBINO but there is also ODDINO which is a first name of a person named Oddino Pascucci in FALCONARA MARITTIMA (AN) who maybe related to the family your researching in that area. Go to http://www.paginebianche.it and put in PASCUCCI on the left and AN on the right and scroll down to ODDINO PASCUCCI where you will find his address and telephone number. It might be worth checking out until something more solid turns up. Peter
~Peter~