Filomena Faiella/Guisseppe Montecaldo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
LaBud
Veteran
Veteran

Filomena Faiella/Guisseppe Montecaldo

Post by LaBud »

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads here. :)

I have been away for quite some time working on a huge piece of the Faiella/Pasquale puzzle with big Brother John. He gives me huge homework assignments, geesh! :)
This is a little confusing, bear with me, but it is my hope that someone here can provide some more clues. I have info in other posts that I didn't bring forward not to make this even more confusing.

Our Paternal Grandmother "Velia Faiella" married our Grandfather Giovanni Pasquale and settled in Boston, Ma when they arrived from Prezza, L'Aquila, Abruzzi.
We have spent (it seems forever) trying to find out if Velia had any siblings.
Well, over the last 2 yrs. we have come to the conclusion that Velia indeed had a sister and her name was Filomena.
Giovanni also had a brother Roberto Pasquale, who sort of became a missing link but we believe also that we have found Roberto.

Here is the info we have found so far in picking the brains of the last of the "old timers" and need help to continue on.
In 1914 Guisseppe Montecaldo left (Prezza) and sailed from Naples, Italy to Boston. Ma. with his wife "Filomena Faiella" with their 10yo son Michele and 13yo daughter Giovanna only to be met on arrival by none other than "Roberto Pasquale"
Along for the ride was also "Antonio Montecaldo" who left his wife in Prezza (Giovanna Russo) to join his cousin "Roberto Pasquale" at North Square, Boston, Ma. which we have come to call the Grand Hotel....lol

Is there anyone who can help with any information on Guisseppe and Antonio Montecaldo, Filomena Faiella who arrived in Boston, Ma. around this time through census or draft cards etc. etc.?

So many of you have been so helpful in the past with helping us "connect the dots" which is greatly appreciated.
I apologize for such a long confusing post, this is the best info we have right now.

Grazie, LaBud

(this is the 1st time using this new board site.)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Filomena Faiella/Guisseppe Montecaldo

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is the info we have found so far in picking the brains of the last of the "old timers" and need help to continue on.
In 1914 Guisseppe Montecaldo left (Prezza) and sailed from Naples, Italy to Boston. Ma. with his wife "Filomena Faiella" with their 10yo son Michele and 13yo daughter Giovanna only to be met on arrival by none other than "Roberto Pasquale"
Along for the ride was also "Antonio Montecaldo" who left his wife in Prezza (Giovanna Russo) to join his cousin "Roberto Pasquale" at North Square, Boston, Ma. which we have come to call the Grand Hotel....lol

Do you have this manifest?

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Found this manifest for Giuseppe Montecaldo and family... Could this be them?
Maybe they arrived in 1906 and not 1914?

Wife's name is Filomena, but different last name from Faiella...
Children's names and ages fit...

Arriving NEW YORK on July 20 1906

Giuseppe Montecaldo, 49
Wife Filomena TAVARA, 48
Son Michele, 10
Daughter Giovanna, 13

Destination - Boston, MA
Last place of residence, Panni, Foggia

Lines 24-27
Click once to enlarge, and again to magnify

T.
LaBud
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LaBud »

Hi Tessa,
Thankyou for your replies.
The info that I received from Brother John, Guisseppe Montecaldo w/ wife Filomena, children and also Antonio Montecaldo, arrived in Boston on the SS Cretic May, 1914 along with several other relatives of ours i.e. Rosatone, Navarolli, DiRamio, Forcucci etc.
The Montecaldo's were received by Roberto Pasquale.
I have looked everywhere I know to find out where these Montecaldo's disappeared to.

One of our relatives who just turned 90+ admits to our Grandmother Velia had this sister Filomena. Don't laugh, but Brother John just found this out at a wake, hence me having this "homework assignment." LOL

Thankyou once again T. for your help. :)
Ciao, LaBud
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Haven't found Giuseppe and family on this manifest as yet, but I did locate Antonio on the manifest. SS Cretic arriving Boston May 1914

Line 20 - leaving wife Giovanna Russo in PANNI

page 1

pge 2 - Going to cousin Roberto Pasquale in Boston, MA (1 North Square)

I'll keep checking the ship manifest for Giuseppe and family :-)

T.
LaBud
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LaBud »

Hello to everyone,
It's been some time since I have been here but I'm back. :)
In my earlier posts re: Guisseppe Montecaldo, my brother and I have now realized we had the wrong 1st name and I am reaching out to anyone that may be able to help with this one.
The correct name is Filomena Faiella married Michael (Michelea) Montecaldo.
The came to Boston, Ma. with 2 sons Nicola B. 1876, Francesco Paulo B. 1886
Filomena is the sister to our Grandmother Velia (Faiella) who married Giovanni Pasquale

We believe that Filomena and Michela Montecaldo settled in the "No. End, Boston, Ma.
Michaela is brother to Antonio Montecaldo and were both received at the Boston Port by Umberto/Roberto Pasquale their cousin.

I apologize if this is confusing and long, but I was told in the past the more info you give the more folks maybe able to help.
Grazie in advance for any information that can be obtained to take another brick down.
LaBud :?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, I don't know if I understood well and if the below record is right and abt your ancestors...
I found Michele MONTECALDO b. 1860 abt Panni, immigrated in USA, Boston port, in 1914. Left wife Filomena M(?)AIELLO in Panni
Michele Montecaldo
Massachusetts, Boston Passenger Lists
Name: Michele Montecaldo
Event Type: Immigration
Event Date: 1914
Event Place: Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts, United States
Birth Year (Estimated): 1860
Birthplace: Italy
Ship Name: Cretic

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1923995
and joining at son Antonio in Boston, MA

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1923995
in same trip Antonio Montecaldo (Michele son) joining at cousin Roberto Pasquale...
what you are searching for? civil records? arrival date? censuses?
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH