Furlan & Vanin family from Paese, Treviso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dairymaid

Furlan & Vanin family from Paese, Treviso

Post by dairymaid »

Hello, I am in Australia and trying to trace my Grandmothers family in Italy. Any help is appreciated.

I am looking for a marriage record for Regina Furlan (born 1899) and Arcangelo Vanin (born 1895).
They had 3 children I think in Treviso, Pieta (born and died around 1920), Angela (born 1922) and Guiseppe (born 1924)

I am also trying to find when Arcangelo came to Australia between 1924-1926. He travelled alone as Regina met him in Australia in 1927.

Arcangelo Vanins father was Guiseppe, and Regina's was Santo Furlan. She had a brother Valentino who also immigrated.

Thankyou for your help.
Regards. :D
maurice furlan

Re: Furlan & Vanin family from Paese, Treviso

Post by maurice furlan »

Hi dairymaid

I am the son of Valentino Furlan.....I have just started searching my family history.....I know that Regina and her 2 children Guiseppe and Angela were chaperoned to Australia by her brother (my father) in 1927...sorry but I don't have the marriage certificate. Santo Furlan must be my grandfather.....Would you know my grandmother's name??

Please keep in touch...Maurie Furlan
dairymaid

Post by dairymaid »

Maurie,
firstly hello and where are you? I assume you are in Australia?

I can not confirm 100% but I think your Grandmother was Angela Bertelli. On Valentino's death certificate it states his father is Santo and his Mother is Angela.
Do you know of any other brother and sisters?

I am trying to find when Regina's husband Arcangelo Vanin came to Australia. Do you know this?

I hope to hear from you again.
maurice furlan

Post by maurice furlan »

Hi dairyqueen.....great to hear from you. :D

I live on the Mornington Peninsula at Rye (Victoria). 0434976664. I have just come to the local library to get some help with family searches. The ladies here are much more skilled at this than I am.

You are correct about your grandmother Regina and her brother Valentino having parents Angela Bertelli and Santo. I am also following up whether they (Regina and Valentino) had siblings but I do not know at this stage.

I have looked for passenger lists to find Arcangelo Vanin's arrival but have not found this. I am not sure if this is relevant ... but I have been told that sometimes passengers were able to "work" their passage out to Australia and so Arcangelo may not be listed as ARRIVAL ? I will keep enquiring and let you know.

Do you know that ....
Regina died 1972 (aged 73 at Oakley)
Arcangelo died 1961 (aged 66 at Huntly)

Are you able to tell me what was the cause of (Valentino) my father's death ?

Are you in touch with the descendents of Regina and Arcangelo ?
dairymaid

Post by dairymaid »

yes I do have some contact with other relatives.
Do you have contact with your siblings? I see that you where young when Valentino passed. He died from Heart faliure, he would have had this for some time.
If you would like to private message your email I will happily share my info with you. I have been doing this (not the Vanins but other family) now for about 10yrs. I might be able to give you some assistance.
maurice furlan

Post by maurice furlan »

Dairymaid (sorry for earlier mistake ....queen)

Regina and Valentino had at least one other sibling in Italy. I think perhaps a brother who definitely had a son Giuseppe Furlan. My sister Vicki, my mother Rina and I visited that family in 1979 in Treviso. He has a son Antonio who recently married and they visited us in Melbourne a couple of years ago. They had a great time but we could not communicate too well. I will email Antonio (with google translator) and ask him about Valentino/Regina siblings....and then let you know.

Are you part of the Portlnd Taylor family (daughter of Regina)? My sister Vicki worked with Peter/Wendy at Telecom. I have found some Vanin docs on NAA.gov.au.....I can send if you want them. Do you know of Milly Doncovio...she too may have more info....
I would be greatfull to receive anything you may have on us Furlans.

mauricefurlan@gmail.com
dairymaid

Post by dairymaid »

I am Peter and Wendy's daughter in law :) I will email you from my personal email account
Maxs

Post by Maxs »

Hello to both of you! I have been recently looking into my genealogy and stumbled on this post. My grandfather was Romeo Furlan he lived in cappanori lucca until he passed away a few years ago. His fathers name was pietro furlan. Not sure how close our family connection is but it's interesting stumbling across other descendants of the furlans! Have either of you found anything about Pietro Furlan in your research?