Naples Birth Record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
michelleb314

Naples Birth Record

Post by michelleb314 »

I am trying to obtain a copy of a birth record for my Great-Grandfather who was born in Naples Italy. I have his exact date of birth but do not know his parents names. Anyone that can help I would greatly appreciate it. Even a link to the official request form or website would be helpful.

Thanks
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Naples Birth Record

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website how about a name date year born and where he settled and maybe we can get the right part of Napoli to help you get records

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
michelleb314

Post by michelleb314 »

Marty,

His name is Daniele Bifulco born February 15, 1891. I had always thought he was born in Naples and that is where he departed from before he moved to America. However I now have a conflicting finding as on Draft Registration card I found it shows him being born in Maddaloni, Caserta. Its only about thirty minutes from Naples but technically a different providence, I think.

Thanks for your help.
Michelle
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Michelle,

Daniele BIFOLCO (right spelling) was born in Maddaloni on 15 Feb 1891 son of Michele Bifolco ( son of late Daniele) 33 old and of Flavia Posillipo ( daughter of Matteo) 24 old;
birth act #126:

http://s11.postimg.org/3ruppmc83/daniel ... _birth.jpg
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Buongiorno
Great find Suanj!
Marriage record of Michele Bifolco an Flavia Posillipo
1886 Jan 16th in the town of Maddaloni appeared Michele Bifolco age 27 son of deceased Daniele Bifolco and Orsola Lombardi to marry Flavia Posillipo age 19 daughter of Matteo Posillipo and Giovanna Pascarella they all resided in Maddaloni
CLICK FOR RECORD KEEP CLICKING TO ENLARGE

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Marty,
you are very helpful!
For to request the birth certificate Michelle can write to:
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Pace
81024 Maddaloni (CE)
Italy

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
michelleb314

Post by michelleb314 »

Wow! Thank you all so much. This all makes perfect sense. My Grand-fathers oldest brother was also a Daniel and his sister is named Flavia. My father is Michael and my uncle was Matthew. I had no idea my family had kept in the tradition of naming children after their parents/grand-parents. Thank you , Thank you.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Yes Suanj did the hard part. Heres another record to get you back a little further
Death record of Daniele Bifolco father of Michele Bifolco
INDEX#454
1878 Nov 7th in the town of Maddaloni death of Daniele Bifolco age 52 (1826)son of deceased Gaetano Bifolco and deceased Maddalena Mirando husband of Orsola Lombardi
CLICK FOR RECORD KEEP CLICKING TO ENLARGE

Marty

Marty
elmosgirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by elmosgirl »

Marty, I'd like to look for records as you imaged here. Can you supply the link?

Thanks!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

ancestry.com and familysearch.org
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2043630

Marty

Marty
elmosgirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by elmosgirl »

Thank you so much Marty.

The overwhelming amount of material at the site makes me wonder how you zeroed in on the record search to find the page as swiftly as you did. Pretty remarkable to me!

Am I missing an index page that's somewhere? I know some of the images (on Ancestry.com) for Italian records have indices, which makes the searching a little easier, sort of. Not always (in one comune I searched, the records were alphabetized using first names, not last ones!).

Thanks again

Noel
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Who are you looking for Noel I can help

Marty

Marty
elmosgirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by elmosgirl »

Marty, thank you. I will open my notebooks tomorrow and extract the information that may help you help me with those Naples birth records. Noel
elmosgirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by elmosgirl »

Marty, please check your PM so you can help me help you!
chowdahgirl

Post by chowdahgirl »

Marty,

Would you be able to help me. My father was a foster child. I have been researching his father here in the us and I have not been able to find him. My grandfather is a Romano and his father was Ncola Romano and his mother was Christina Motola. It looks like they were from Naples. I can be more specific with dates if you reply. My father died a very sad man because my grandfather left him and so did his mother. Long story...anyway let me know.

Thanks Marty