Relations...

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gliesian66
Veteran
Veteran

Relations...

Post by gliesian66 »

Hi,

Anyone on this forum related to any of these blood lines:

Pizzoni/Catanzaro(Vibo Valentia)/Catanzaro/Italy (Mesiano, Averza, Rizzello, DiRenzo)

Troia/Foggia/Puglia/Italy (Liguori, Rezzolla, Viola, Mucciacciaro, Lizzi, Lo Buono)

Quartiere San Ferdinando/Naples/Campania/Italy (Vacca, Zeccardi, Esposito, Perella)

'just thought I'd ask.

Thanks,
Robert
joetucciarone
Elite
Elite

Re: Relations...

Post by joetucciarone »

Hi Robert,

My sicilian great-grandpa, Salvatore Catalano, lived in Pittsburgh from about 1892-1900. He operated a one-man fruit store out of his house. There was a Catanzaro family **SPAM** fruit there as well. I found a Pittsburgh history article that mentions the Catanazaro Building as an historic site, so they must have been a notable family. One of Salvatore's children (not my grandmother) married one of the Pittsburgh Catanzaro's.

By the way, how did the Angelo Del Bello WIkipedia article fare?

Joe
gliesian66
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gliesian66 »

The Angelo Del Bello article did not fair well... actually I have found that wikipedia is extremely hypocritical. That is, even though I may have included some unnecessary supplemental information to help color the article, the main criticism was that I used an informal tone and that Angelo wasn't noteworthy enough. The hypocracy I have found is that a significant percentage of Wikipedia article do not follow there own guidelines, but the article on Angelo that offers so much is continually rejected.

Here is the latest pending article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... o_Perrella

I am searching for another place to post the article as his life story (and that of those around him) is worthwhile of being shared, even though he was a bad guy.

-- Robert
dominique426
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dominique426 »

I have Esposito ancestors from Avellino. Does that sound familiar? If so, I would love to talk. :D
FAMILY SURNAMES: Sessa, Apuzzo, Merenda, Fisicaro, Bloise, Esposito, Costanzo, Ferrigno, Letiziano, Tomasetta, Covollo, Lerardi, Ferrigno, Barbella, Capparelli
RoryRezzelle

Post by RoryRezzelle »

My 2nd great grandfather, Antonio Rizzello, was from Cortale, Calabria. Any relation to your Rizzello's? He was born in 1890 and came to the US in 1908. I'm pretty sure his father's name was Pietro Antonio.
gliesian66
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gliesian66 »

For both Esposito and Rizzello, here is my family tree: http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/50192895/

I don't see a match, but GEDMatch.com may help.

-- Robert
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I have an entire listing of international and US mobsters by city and country. Would that be of interest to anyone since I maintained the list but never found much use for it since none of the names had any significance for me beyond intellectual curiousity. Peter
~Peter~
gliesian66
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gliesian66 »

How many names in the list?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I haven't counted by countries or total numbers. It lists mobsters by cities USA and the world by last names and their respective cities of operation. I will get a count for you and let you know. where are you located ? Peter
~Peter~
gliesian66
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gliesian66 »

Is it similar to this list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_It ... n_mobsters

-- Robert
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Yes and the bulk of it as well (Irish Jewish and British mobsters as well). Peter
~Peter~