Looking for Joseph, Michael, or Frank DiPietro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Debbie.Cooper

Looking for Joseph, Michael, or Frank DiPietro

Post by Debbie.Cooper »

My father's birth papers list a Michael DiPietro as his biological father. We are trying to unravel the secrets behind his birth certificate. My brother did the paternal lineage from ancestry.com and we learned that he belongs to the E1b1b haplogroup. They were the early farmers that settled in parts of the Mediterranean area to include Southern Italy. However, we were not linked with any relatives. To see if I could gain more information I took the DNA test. It does show that my ethnicity is 25% Italy/Greece. I am thinking that maybe there is some validity to my Dad's birth certificate. If anyone knows anything about this haplogroup or where the DiPietro ancestors lived I would greatly appreciate the help. It is believed that my grandmother Cecelia Plouffe may have lived with a Joseph DiPietro in Boston, Ma. in 1931 - 1932. He had a relative named frank that may have lived in Malden, Ma. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
lcafarel
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Looking for Joseph, Michael, or Frank DiPietro

Post by lcafarel »

Hi, Debbie. You beat me to it and did what I just suggested in the DNA ancestry thread by posting a query here. Please see my response to you there. We need more detailed information to be able to help you.

Regards,

Lesley
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi maybe this obit

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/atlant ... =152901077
can be helpful for to know more details
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

hmmm the link no work.. however here the txt:
SCHAEFER, Frank D., Sr. "Chief White Eagle" (Frank Daniel Schaefer, Sr.), Native American of the Onondaga Indian Nation of the 6 Nations of the Iroquois Nation Confederacy, living in Loganville, Georgia, formerly of Kings Park, New York, entered into rest on August, 5, 2011 at the age of 79 at Embracing Hospice Care in Snellville surrounded by his loving family. Left to mourn his spiritual home-going; Sandra Arlene Neill Schaefer, his devoted wife of 58 years; five children, Denise Highfill (Thomas) of Loganville, GA, Debbie Cooper (Ronald) of Fayetteville, NC, Diane Panzica of Smithtown, NY, Frank Daniel Schaefer, Jr., of Loganville, GA, and Jim Schaefer (Debbie) of Kings Park, NY; 10 grandchildren, 15 great grandchildren, 1 great great granddaughter; two sisters, Lucille Dedner of NC and Arlene Robinson of Mastic, NY; brother, Charlie Schaefer of FL; sister-in-law, Deborah Banks (Tim) of Ball Ground, GA; brother-in-law, James Marvin Neill (Wylene) of Powder Springs, GA; adopted son, Bobby Lonedeer, of Long Island, NY; numerous nieces, nephews, other relatives and a host of friends. Frank Schaefer was born on January 14, 1932 in Boston, Massachusetts, to Celina Isabella Plouffe DiPietro and Michael DiPietro. He attended Kings Park High School and took numerous automotive courses and various training over the years to develop his mastery of the automotive mechanics. He was a veteran of the United States Army receiving the National Defense Service Medal and Good Conduct Medal during the Korean War. In the Army, Frank received training on wheel vehicle repair and leadership training as a mechanic. This started a career in the automotive repair service profession where he worked for or was owner in the following businesses; FTC Service Center, Schaefer Service Center, F & J Service Center, Mighty Motors Auto Parts, and Hero Factory spanning 32 years of service. He also worked as the Chief Custodian at the Hauppauge High School, Hauppauge for 17 years. Frank was raised in St. Joseph's Catholic Church in New York. "Chief White Eagle" was devoted to his heritage as a Native American and was a devoted family man. He will be missed by his adoring family and many friends. The Service Celebrating the Life of "Chief White Eagle" will be held on Tuesday, August, 9, 2011 at 2:00 P.M. at Tom M. Wages Snellville Chapel with a Catholic Church Representative serving as the Celebrant and the Native American Rites and Ritual rendered by Wamble Weoka Hokshila, and his wife Debbie Poulin assisting. Iroquois Singing and Drumming by Joseph Jordan. Army Military Honors will be rendered after the service. The family will receive friends from 2:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. and 6:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. on Monday at the funeral home. Flowers are accepted but those desiring may make donations to Embracing Hospice Care, 2160 Fountain Drive, Snellville, GA 30078 in memory of Mr. Schaefer. Condolences may be sent or viewed at http://www.wagesfuneralhome.com. Tom M. Wages Funeral Service, LLC, "A Family Company" Snellville Chapel 770-979-3200 has been entrusted with the arrangements.
Published in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Aug. 7, 2011

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
lcafarel
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lcafarel »

Debbie, I see that you have an Ancestry Family Tree with Frank Schaefer and Cecelia Isabella (Elizabeth) Plouffe as his mother. (You actually entered her in the Father field by mistake.) The obituary posted above is on Ancestry, and in it Frank's mother has the name Celina, not Cecelia. Do you know who wrote the obituary? Where did the details come from?

The identification of the correct Michael DiPietro depends on the validity of the names and associations in the obituary and your post. What is the documentation for Frank's parents names? For his mother having the name Cecelia or Celina or Elizabeth? How does the Schaefer name enter into this? There is a 1940 U.S. Census record for a Frank, age 9, son of Charles and Elizabeth Schaefer. Is this your Frank? More documentation on Frank and his mother and siblings will help to provide a historical context for trying to find Michael DiPietro.

Frank's birth record is the best documentation for his parentage, but it would be helpful to know if there is any information on his parents' marital status and who provided the information for that record. It would also be worth checking out who Frank gave as his parents on his original Social Security application and his marriage license application. You can order the former through Ancestry and the marriage record from the appropriate vital records office.

Do you have documentation of the parentage of Frank's siblings? Do any of them have Michael DiPietro as a father? Have any of his siblings or his siblings' children taken DNA tests? If Frank's brother(s) have living male descendants, having them take a Y-DNA test and comparing the results to your brother's might also be helpful in determining whether Frank might have had a different father than his brothers.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Debbie,

In case you don't have this record.

Celina Isabella Pluff (Plouffe) birth record, entry 72

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3532/z7l6.jpg

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

great find Biff!
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Thanks, suanj.

Based on Celina's birth record which shows father Frank's place of birth as Westboro, this could be her father Frank's birth record. Entry 42. Frank's father Edward and mother Fanny Peit?, both born Canada.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7285/fgd8.jpg

Biff
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Frank and Olive's marriage info. No image availale on familysearch.

Name: Frank Pluff
Birth Date: 1869
Spouse's Name: Rose Olive Rivard
Spouse's Birth Date: 1876
Spouse's Age: 15
Event Date: 30 May 1891
Event Place: Westborough, Worcester, Massachusetts
Father's Name: Edward
Mother's Name: Fanny Pietle
Spouse's Father's Name: Peter
Spouse's Mother's Name: Olive Oullette
GS Film number: 2130145
Reference ID: 518

Olive Rivard Pluff's second marriage in 1916 to Daniel A. Robbins after husband Franks's death.
Interesting to note that Celina's son was named Frank Daniel,the first names of Olive's husbands.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3938/x5n8.jpg

I have located birth information on other children of Frank and Olive on Familysearch.
Charles, Augusta, Mira Della, Walter, Napoleon, Gerilda, Lilithe, and Raymond.

I wish I had better luck with the DiPietro's.

Biff
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I found a possible Michael DiPietro:
1930 United States Federal Census about Michael Dipietro
Name: Michael Dipietro
[Michael Dipiano]
Birth Year: abt 1898
Birthplace: Massachusetts
Race: White
Home in 1930: Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts
Map of Home: View map

Marital Status: Single
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Name: Mary Dipietro
Mother's Birthplace: Italy

Education:

Military Service:

Rent/home value:

Age at first marriage:

Parents' birthplace:
View Image

Neighbors: View others on page

Household Members: Name Age
Mary Dipietro
Michael Dipietro
http://interactive.ancestry.com/6224/46 ... turnRecord
born in Boston (6 Feb 1898), single... unreadable profession

by 1900 census, his father was Frank DiPietro (Francesco Di Pietro) mother: Maria A. Bimbo (maybe Maria A. Imbimbo):
1900 United States Federal Census about Michael Petro
Name: Michael Petro
Birth Date: Feb 1898
Home in 1900: Boston Ward 6, Suffolk, Massachusetts
Father's Name: Frank Petro
Mother's Name: Mary Petro

Frank Petro aug 1869 imm. 1887
Mary Petro apr 1875 imm. 1886
Michael Petro
http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse. ... &ml_rpos=1
In 1940 census, this Michael was married; he died in 1964...
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Great work, suanj :D

Michael's occupation on the 1930 census was Steam Fitter's Helper, Plumbing Company.

Based on suanj's finds, here is a copy of Michael (Di) Pietro's birth record, entry 98. Parents Frank (Francesco) and Mary (Maria) Bimboe.

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/2116/s6ta.jpg

1900 census shows Maria and Francesco had 4 children with only 1 living, Michael.

1893 death record of Michael's brother Antonio DiPietro, son of Francesco and Maria Bimba, entry 24, age 7 months.

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/4600/zy3n.jpg

1898 death record of Michael's 2 and 1/2 year old sister Rosina, entry 329.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9976/e9jk.jpg

Biff
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Thanks Biff!
Maybe Debbie will reply with some suggestion...
Regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Debbie.Cooper

Post by Debbie.Cooper »

Thank you all for trying to help. My grandmother went by Cecelia, CD Celia, Izsbrlla and Elizabeth Plouffe. She had run away from a wage home in Belmont Ma. She as a ward of the state and lived at Wrentham state for many years. That is shy she used all those names. I believe she was an unwed mother. She rented a room from Mrs Thomas while pregnant. Her husband was a Joseph DiPietro but may have been Michael. All the information you uncovered about my grandmother is what I have uncovered. I need to find out my Dad's
Biological father. Schaefer is his adopted name.
Debbie.Cooper

Post by Debbie.Cooper »

Biff83 wrote:Thanks, suanj.
This would be my grandmother's father Frank Pluff.

Based on Celina's birth record which shows father Frank's place of birth as Westboro, this could be her father Frank's birth record. Entry 42. Frank's father Edward and mother Fanny Peit?, both born Canada.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7285/fgd8.jpg

Biff
Debbie.Cooper

Post by Debbie.Cooper »

This seems like this could fit. This man could very well be my father's father. He probably decided not to marry my grandmother and she was left to raise my grandmother alone. I am not currently a member of ancestry.com because I wasn't making any progress in my search. Thank you for doing this research. My Dad was born in Boston at a hospital in Boston (Boothe E. Hospital)

suanj wrote:I found a possible Michael DiPietro:
1930 United States Federal Census about Michael Dipietro
Name: Michael Dipietro
[Michael Dipiano]
Birth Year: abt 1898
Home in 1930: Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts
Map of Home: View map

Mother's Name: Mary Dipietro

Education:

Military Service:

Rent/home value:

Age at first marriage:

Parents' birthplace:
View Image

Mary Dipietro
Michael Dipietro
http://interactive.ancestry.com/6224/46 ... turnRecord
born in Boston (6 Feb 1898), single... unreadable profession

by 1900 census, his father was Frank DiPietro (Francesco Di Pietro) mother: Maria A. Bimbo (maybe Maria A. Imbimbo):
1900 United States Federal Census about Michael Petro
Name: Michael Petro
Birth Date: Feb 1898
Home in 1900: Boston Ward 6, Suffolk, Massachusetts
Father's Name: Frank Petro
Mother's Name: Mary Petro

Frank Petro aug 1869 imm. 1887
Mary Petro apr 1875 imm. 1886
Michael Petro
http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse. ... &ml_rpos=1
In 1940 census, this Michael was married; he died in 1964...
suanj