Carabinieri Records?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
linnea1985

Carabinieri Records?

Post by linnea1985 »

I would like to try to find the service record of my great-grandfather Pasquale Carducci who served in the Carabinieri in Rome around 1900. Does anyone have suggestions about where to begin?
Thank you so much,
Linnea
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Carabinieri Records?

Post by adelfio »

Do you have his birthtown and birth year?
Check out this post for your info
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/l ... italy/8050

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
linnea1985

Post by linnea1985 »

His birth date is March 2, 1874 in Pratola Peligna, Abruzzo. Do you have a sample letter in Italian I could use to contact them? Thank you!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Spett.le Ufficio Storico (From Suanj post)
Comando Generale dell'Arma dei Carabinieri
Viale Romania 45,
00197 Roma (RM)
Italy
email: carabinieri @ carabinieri.it

OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di leva di Pasquale Carducci classe di nascita 1874.

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Pratola Peligna . Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere l'esito registro dei foglie matricolari di:Pasquale Carducci nato a Pratola Peligna il 1874.
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
linnea1985

Post by linnea1985 »

Thanks again. I think I may also try emailing the Carabinieri museum in Rome since they might be more willing to help with this kind of thing.

http://www.carabinieri.it/Internet/Arma ... eoStorico/
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

I wrote to the Public Relations Office of Carabinieri, and they sent me a template to fill in, and send via email to the "Historical Office" that manages archives of the Arma, along with a personal document of the requester. I just sent it with a request about my GGF, and waiting for a reply. I will let you know how the story goes.
If someone needs the template, just send me your address by PM.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
linnea1985

Post by linnea1985 »

Here's the reply I got from the Carabinieri museum:

"In esito alla Sua richiesta, si comunica che le ricerche esperite tramite gli “archivi elettronici” di questo Museo hanno dato esito negativo.
Nella circostanza, si rappresenta che tutte le vicende relative al servizio militare prestato dal personale dell’Arma vengono annotate sul “Foglio matricolare”. In particolare, la normativa vigente prevede che i documenti dei militari in congedo vengano conservati dai Distretti militari competenti per fatto di residenza (eletta al momento del congedo) ai quali gli aventi titolo, ai sensi della legge 241/1990, possono inoltrare domanda per ottenerne copia. I documenti in questione vengono mantenuti da tali enti per alcuni anni e successivamente inviati agli Archivi di Stato."

Would the State Archives in Abruzzo have those records? They don't have any military records online
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Its says to try the Archivo di Stato L'Aquila for Pratola Peligna province L'Aquila
E-mail: as-aq@beniculturali.it
ARCHIVIO DI STATO DELL'AQUILA
Via Galileo Galilei Nucleo Industriale di Bazzano n. 2
67010 L'Aquila (AQ)
Italy

Marty

Marty
linnea1985

Post by linnea1985 »

Thanks! I sent them an email. I hope they still have the records; I heard they lost some in the earthquake in 2009

http://www.genealogyblog.com/?p=3511
linnea1985

Post by linnea1985 »

So the state archives in L'Aquila didn't have any information, but they suggested I contact the Distretto Militare di Chieti. I'm posting just in case others are interested in the search process.

Centro Documentale di Chieti
Piazza Garibaldi, 69 -
66100 Chieti

cedoc_chieti@esercito.difesa.it
Robin B Mc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robin B Mc »

I'm resurrecting this topic because I'm trying to find Carabinieri records of my ancestor Agostino d'Amore - he was born Aug 13, 1849 in Sulmona and in the Carabinieri circa 1887. Should I skip trying to contact the previously suggested organizations and just write straight to the Distretto Militare di Chieti? Or might there be some records available at the other suggested locations depending on the individual/time period? Or would I have to write elsewhere because he was from a different town?

Thanks in advance and thanks to linnea1985 for posting updates on your progress. Did you have any success with the Distretto Militare di Chieti?
bjcaisse

Post by bjcaisse »

I am also interested in locating service records of the Carabinieri. My great grandfather, Benimino Lambruschi, born in Monte dei Bianchi served in the Carabinieri. He met and married by great grandmother, Rosalia Musumeci while serving in Sicilia. Family lore has it that there was "a peasant uprising in 1903 or 1904 which forced my gg grandparents to "go underground for awhile and eventually forced them to immigrate to the USA with my GG Grandfather using a false first name." On immigration records he listed himself at Matteo Lambruschi and his wife Rosalia Musucmeci, they immigrated in 1904 through Ellis Island.
My cousin Dante has a beautiful large photograph of our Great Grandpa Benny in his uniform. Knowing he was a Carabinieri helped me greatly because it answered the riddle of how my northern Italian Great Grandfather married my Sicilian Great Grandmother, which at that time was almost un-heard of. Also why they immigrated to the USA from Sicilia (Fiume de Freddo) and not from a northern port. It also lends more credibility to the family story and my GG Grandfather using a different first name on the passenger list. If that other poster from last year could update us all on if he got anywhere with his search that would help.
Thank you,
BarbaraJo O'Connor Caisse
Coventry, CT, USA