Poggi family from Naples

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Poggi family from Naples

Post by PeterTimber »

In the midst of all this I just happened to come across the index for a book by Gaetano Poggia : LA TIGULLIA - Origini di Chiavari,Lavagna,Sestri levante, Rapallo,Portofino,Moneglia Anzo e Lavento (Genova 1902) under the Heraldry, Order of Chivalry and Blazons. The book is not very expensive (About $20 Euros) Just thought it might be of assistance. Peter
~Peter~
JohnDier

Re: Poggi family from Naples

Post by JohnDier »

Bea,
Dominic was my great great grandfather through his youngest son George. George had three children, Eva, Mary & Rupert. Eva married late in life and Rupert was killed in WW1. Mary, my grandmother, married Leonard Collinson from the Collinson family that were well known for their shoe shops in Liverpool. Joan was her oldest child (my mother who died three years ago) and David, who is still very much alive and kicking and living in Heswall. We have often wondered due to the number of children Dominic had was there any Poggis living in the UK or did the name die out very quickly and they are all far flung around the world due to emigration. My mother married Cecil Dier from Clonroche in Co. Wexford in Ireland. After living the first two years of their married life in England, they settled in Taghmon in Co. Wexford, where I still live. I have two older sisters, Helen and Carol. I would like to find out more of what you know and fill you in on what we know and maybe broaden our combined knowledge. Get back to me through here so we can exchange contact details.

John