Della Torre family tree

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Della Torre family tree

Post by SCarbonII »

I am looking for more information on my family tree. I am starting with my great grandmothers. Below is the information I have on my Della Torre great grand mother. I am looking for dates of birth, dates of marriage, & death, with locations and documentation if anyone has it. I would like to take the tree as far back as I can on the Della Torre name. I am looking for names on both the Della Torre tree, and their wife's family tree. Can you help me at all? (I would like to take the abt out and put the correct dates of events also)

DOB = date of birth
DOD = date of death

Vincenza Della Torre DOB: abt 1840 in Castellammare di Stabia, Napoli, Italy DOD: 23 May 1891 in Riardo Caserta, Campania, Italy.
marriage: 19 Nov 1868 in Campania, Italy
Francesco Anntonio Carbone BOD: 11 Jul 1841 in Agrigento, Agrigento, Italy DOD: 30 Apr 1927 in Riardo, Caserta, Campania, Italy.

parents:

Felice Della Torre DOB: abt 1800 Riardo Caserta Campania, Italy DOD: 3 Jun 1877 Riardo Caserta Campania, Italy
Married: 30 Jan 1835 Civile, Riardo, Caserta, Italy
Vittoria Canzano DOB: abt 1810 Riardo Caserta, Campania, Italy DOD: 9 Jun 1876 Riardo Caserta, Campania, Italy

I have the names of their parents also

Ettore Della Torre BOD: abt 1770 in ? DOD: ? in ?
Married: ? in ?
Angela De Leo BOD: ? in ? DOD: ? in ?

Pietro Canzano BOD: abt 1759 in ? DOD: 10 Apr 1829 in ?
Married: ? in ?
Maria Abbate DOB: abt 1780 in Riardo Caserta, Campania, Italy DOD: ? in ?

That is all of the information I have on this part of my tree. Is it all correct? Can you help me add more information to the people I have so far, and can you help me add more people to this list?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Della Torre family tree

Post by PeterTimber »

Certainly can assist if you have specific questions that we can direct an answer but perhaps even better you might want to become familiar with Italian Genealogy by obtaining the book Italian Genealogical Records by Trafford R. Cole from a library or a bookstore. The book will answer most of your immediate questions and should you hit a brick wall (they grow taller as you progress) then we can step in and assist you achieve your research objectives
~Peter~
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Once you get this far back it is a crapshoot unless you hire a researcher or get lucky finding the right church registry.I would go to theFamily History Library films and try to find Ettore Della Torre and Angela De Leo death records from Riardo to get back further for on Felice Della Torre death record it says they lived in Riardo
PG LINK TO DEATH RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349501202
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SCarbonII »

Thank you for that. I'll look at that torrow
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Send an e-mail to the Basilicata@ads.it and request information on Ettore dellaTorre, X11X-X1X from their archives on Famiglie Nobili & Notabili di Basilicata. Let me know if this group is still in existence. Peter
~Peter~