Di Nuzzo family tree

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Di Nuzzo family tree

Post by SCarbonII »

I am looking for more information on my family tree. I am starting with my great grandmothers. Below is the information I have on my Di Nuzzo great grand mother. I am looking for dates of birth, dates of marriage, & death, with locations and documentation if anyone has it. I would like to take the tree as far back as I can on the Della Torre name. I am looking for names on both the Di Nuzzo tree, and their wife's family tree. Can you help me at all? (I would like to take the abt out and put the correct dates of events also)

DOB = date of birth
DOD = date of death

Carolina Elisabetta Maria Di Nuzzo DOB: 19 Sep 1810 in Riardo Caserta Campania, Italy DOD: ? in ?
Marriage: 14 May 1832 in Campania, Italy
Francesco Martino Carbone DOB: 10 Nov 1810 in Riardo Caserta Campania, Italy DOD: 2 Feb 1892 in Riardo Caserta Campania, Italy

parents

Filippo Di Nuzzo DOB: abt 1776 in Campania, Italy DOD: ? in ?
Marriage: ? in ?
Maddalena Mascio BOD: abt 1775 in Campania, Italy DOD: ? in ?

That is all of the information I have on this part of my tree. Is it all correct? Can you help me add more information to the people I have so far, and can you help me add more people to this list?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Di Nuzzo family tree

Post by PeterTimber »

Sure thing.If you are willing to assist me and yourself by knowing what your asking for by reading a book ITALIAN GENEALOGICAL RECORDS BY TRAFFORD R. COLE which you can obtain from a library or a book store. Once you get started (and you have) we are here to assist you by overcoming any of the brick walls you run into.
~Peter~
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SCarbonII »

Thank you. I'll look for the book, and read it.

Thank you again
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Di Nuzzo is listed in the Italian surname dictionary as a variation of the base surname of NUCCI which in the South of Italy undergoes a variation to NUCCIO and NUZZO. You might wish to consider bypassing church records which can be a heartbreaker dealing with some "jolly priests" and hiring him or his nephew to research records for you. You may wish to to consider if there is some history or heraldry in your family...For starters try google.com for any previous research on the name or location of your town of origin for the family or even the province itself for any heraldic mention.
~Peter~
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SCarbonII »

I never thought to do that. Thanks for the idea
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

let me know when your ready to start researching heraldry.
~Peter~
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

It looks like you have done pretty good researching all ready to get back to 1700's with your family SCarbon you will have to deal with the churches now for more info or find a family member of your branch line who has info or pay a researcher.
Has any of your Stato civile della restaurazione (1816-1860) records had a name of their church in Riardo listed on the birth record on the right side of the act(Baptism info)

Italian Catholic Church Records PG LINK INFO
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... l_Records)

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Della Torre surname has ties to royalty both in Napoli and Sicily (Tusa) which may be relevant to any heraldic search you embark upon. Please let me know when you are ready to conduct your researches. Peter
~Peter~
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SCarbonII »

PeterTimber

Thank you for telling me that. I'm ready to start looking at that tree now. I only have the information I have, because I hired someone to look for my Carbone family name history. He found Vincenza Della Torre, because she is my 2 great grand mother, and he only found the names of her parents, so I have no information on them, at all. I would be greatfull for any help you can provide me on the family tree.

Thank you again
Sam