Gaetana Taglialavore

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
carubia
Master
Master

Re: Gaetana Taglialavore

Post by carubia »

There's more than one connection, but they're all distant. For example, Gaetano Taglialavore and Maria Guastella's grandson Angelo (aka Giovan'Angelo) Taglialavore married Maria Miliano, whose niece Maria Teresa Cinquemani married my 3rd cousin Girolamo Carubia. That Maria Miliano was the daughter of Francesco Miliano and Antonia Guastella, whom I mentioned in an earlier post, and she is also connected to the Carubia family (in fact, the same brother of my GGF) through the Comparetto family in 2 ways: Her half-brother Vincenzo (different mother) married Caterina Comparetto, the daughter of Gaetano Comparetto and Maria Giuseppa Guastella, the sister of the aforementioned Antonia Guastella. Caterina Comparetto had a brother Gioacchino whose son Gaetano married the sister Domenica of the aforementioned Girolamo Carubia. Gaetano and Domenica lived with my GM's family in NY and Scranton, PA.
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

You wouldn't happen to be descended from Angelo/Giovan'Angelo Taglialavore and Maria Miliano, would you? I see that I have a lot more information on them than any of the other children pf Antonino Taglialavore, so probably I was led by someone else's tree(s). If so then you are descended from both Maria Guastella, wife of Gaetano Taglialavore, and Antonia Guastella, wife of Francesco Miliano. Do you of a blood connection between them?
RoccoMia

Post by RoccoMia »

I don't know the relationship of Maria Guastella (wife of Gaetano Taglialavore) and Antonia Guastella (wife of Francesco Miliano). That is an issue I have been trying to resolve for years.

No, Giovanni Angelo Taglialavore is not a direct line for me. My line is as follows:

Gaetano Taglialavore and Maria Guastella
Antonino Taglialavore and Maria Perrone
Alfonso Taglialavore and Paola Turano
Antonino Taglialavore and Paola Pinelli
Alfonso Taglialavore and Vincenza Sparaco
Gaetano Taglialavore and Louise Mandina
Alphonse Taglialavore, my husband
Only a Genealogist regards a step backward as progress
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

gallohjc wrote:How they tie in to our family:
- Onofrio Taglialavore (1818-1863) was the son of Giovanni Taglialavore and Onofrio Pendino.
- Onofrio married Giuseppa Martorana (born 1822). Giuseppa was the daughter of Clemente Martorana and Gaetana Cuffaro.
- The 4th child of Onofrio and Giuseppa was Clemente Taglialavore (1845-1929) my husband's maternal Great Grandfather.
- Clemente Taglialavore married Maria Cannata and their second child, Lucia Taglialavore (1878-1941) was my husband's maternal Grandmother.
- Lucia Taglialavore married Angelo Natale Scardino and their 11th child was Gaetana Scardino, my husband's mother.
Hi Helen,
I've found a connection (actually, 2 connections) between your husband's family and mine, and consequently have connected your tree and RoccoMia's, but it doesn't involve the Carubias in Cianciana. Your husband's great-grandmother Anna Maria Cannata (whom you know as "Maria Cannata") was born in Ribera in 1851 and married Clemente Taglialavore there in 1870. Her niece, Angela Cannata, married my 5th cousin Baldassare Carubia from Ribera. So their descendants, Carubias in Ribera and the US, are your husband's 3rd cousins and my 5th cousins. Most of the Carubia people in Ribera moved to the US around the turn of the 20th c., but the ones who remained are almost exclusively the descendants of Baldassare and Angela or Baldassare's brother Filippo.

The second connection involved your husband's great aunt Angela Taglialavore's husband Martino Vacante, who was also from Ribera. His uncle Domenico Vacante's wife's sister Giuseppa Sarullo married another 5th cousin of mine, Baldassare Zambuto.
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

gallohjc wrote:- Maria Angela Carubia born 12 Sep 1826, daughter of Giacoma Caterina Taglialavore and Francesco Carubia.
- Giacoma Caterina was the daughter of Giovanni Taglialavore and Onofrio Pendino.
- 23 Feb 1843 Maria Angela married Antonino Martorano, son of Francesco Martorano and Caterina Guastella.
Hi Helen,
I started researching this recently and found that Antonino Martorano's father (and Caterina Guastella's husband) was Melchiore Martorano, not Francesco. Have you found any records where he is identified as Francesco?