Agnone Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
samueljorlando
Rookie
Rookie

Agnone Records

Post by samueljorlando »

I currently have all the microfilm that contains the birth records from Agnone, Campobasso, Italy from 1809-1899. I also have death records from Apr 1838 - 1865. If there is anyone needing any records looked up, please respond to this thread or email me at: Samueljorlando@gmail.com
samueljorlando
Rookie
Rookie

Agnone, Isernia Molise, Italy Nati, Morti and Matrimoni inde

Post by samueljorlando »

Between myself and a cousin, we have compiled a database of images that we took from microfilm we had ordered to create an online database we can access that contain our Agnone, Isernia, Molise Italy, nati, morti, and matrimoni records. These images are not available on the familysearch website or the antenati website.

We have the following indexes available:

Matrimoni: 1834, 1845-1847, 1866-1899

Morti: 1838-1875, 1877-1899

Nati: 1809-1811, 1814-1899

Records available:

Nati Records (No index exists)
1812 (not up yet, will be soon)

My question for this group is: Am I able to share the images of the Agnone indexes that I took of Familysearch.org microfilm's to this group?
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Re: Agnone Records

Post by Anizio »

That is a question for FamilySearch, but I can tell you the answer is no. Technically you should not have done this and you are violating the terms of use of the FamilySearch microfilms which are usually explained somewhere on a sign in the microfilm viewing room.

You are ONLY allowed to make copies of records that relate directly to your family. You are NOT allowed to copy entire series/films. And you are NOT allowed to create an index.

This should have been explained to you at the center. The reason some things are only available on microfilm and not on the website is the agreement between FamilySearch and the place they copied the records from.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
samueljorlando
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Agnone Records

Post by samueljorlando »

I see. This was not mentioned at the center as it's a public library and the volunteer failed to mention that specific rule. The images are shared only between me and him. The images of indexes were created so that we may find our families as the parent's names are listed in the indexes. While an index was not created, images were taken for the purpose of locating his family and my own. The records that are available in our database do pertain to our families. You've answered my question, and therefore I'm considering this thread dead and my question answered. Index images are not to be shared.