Help with siblings

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Genetick
Rookie
Rookie

Help with siblings

Post by Genetick »

Hi all

I turn again to you for help with my research. I have a few old photographs of family members who died long before I began working on my tree. These photos have been gathered from several different sources who themselves have since passed or are no longer able to recall detail.

My query is for help in confirming possible siblings of Maria Colorinna Corinna Fontana, daughter of Felice Fontana and Elisabetta Lunardi. My info for Maria is that she was born 19 August 1875 in Fosciandora, Lucca.

Several images have Maria pictured along with four other females - Ada, Faustina, another Maria and a Teresa.

I have tried Family Search but don't have the knack of getting results. Hoping you can succeed where I failed

Any assistance always gratefully and graciously accepted.

GT
Researching - Andreoni, Moscardini, Pelosi and Renucci
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Help with siblings

Post by PeterTimber »

you can request a family Certificate (Stato di famiglia) iin the name of FELICE FONTANA and Elisabetta Lunardi (spouse) for members of the family and or birth records (ESTRATTO DI NASCITA) for long form information. send e-mail to DEMOGRAFICI@COMUNE.FOSCIANDORA.LU.IT
~Peter~
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I find most request nowdays for Stato di famiglia from Italy requires a fee per family member and a form from the town you request if from and that application has to be notarized and include a photo id with the return request

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

You never know what their regulations consist of unless you request... Give it a try since it costs you nothing !
~Peter~
Genetick
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Genetick »

Peter / Marty

Thanks for picking up on this post. Should I presume that like other requests to State Officials any email is best written in Italian?

GT
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Yes request should be in Italian

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to Circolocalabrese.org and click genealogy and then click form letter generator to request documents which are free of charge. Send it by e-mail at the address I furnished you.
~Peter~
Genetick
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Genetick »

Request emailed as per your guidance. I found the process quite simple to follow once I worked out what I was looking at but also a bit limiting and matter of fact. I have read that many officials don't really care about the people their records relate to but it would be nice to be able to show my appreciation for their efforts.

Anyway thanks for the pointers and now I wait.

cheers
GT