Luscietto in San Ponso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Nataliej
Rookie
Rookie

Luscietto in San Ponso

Post by Nataliej »

I am searching for the parents of my great grandfather Dominico Luscietto. He was born 20 Jun 1888 and immigrated to the US in 1907. I believe he had a brother named Anton Dominic Luscietto and another brother named James. Not sure of their birth dates. Thanks in advance!
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Luscietto in San Ponso

Post by adelfio »

Where did Dominico Luscietto settle in the US and what was his wifes name?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Nataliej wrote:I am searching for the parents of my great grandfather Dominico Luscietto. He was born 20 Jun 1888 and immigrated to the US in 1907. I believe he had a brother named Anton Dominic Luscietto and another brother named James. Not sure of their birth dates. Thanks in advance!
Is this your GGF?

Domenaco Luscietto
United States Social Security Death Index

Given Name: Domenaco
Surname: Luscietto
Birth Date: 20 June 1888
Social Security Number: XXX-XX-XXXX (I have sent you his SS# in a PM)
State: Nebraska
Event Date: November 1962

You can request (for a fee) his Social Security Application which should have the names of his parents :-) AND his place of birth...
Online request here:
http://genealogy.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi= ... t/main.jsp

T.
Nataliej
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nataliej »

Thank you Tessa78!! Yes, that is him. His last name has been spelled so many different ways that it has been difficult to track down!

Marty, He first went to Illinois & worked in the mines & I believe there are cousins still there - I am trying to locate their names as well. Then he settled in Nebraska, Garden county for a while, Broadwater for a while, and then finally in Bridgeport, Ne. Grandmas name was Aneta or Annette Valero or Vallero or Valerio. They married after she got here in 1910 but they knew each other in Italy.

Thank you all so much!
Nataliej
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nataliej »

I have been told by my grandmother. that Great Grandpa Lussetto's ( that is how they spell it in the US) mother was French. But she didn't know a name or any other details.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Domenick Luscietto Illinois Marriages, 1815-1935
Name: Domenick Luscietto
Spouse's Name: Maria Vallero
Event Date: 05 Nov 1910
Event Place: La Salle, Illinois
Father's Name: Michael Luscietto
Mother's Name: Margaret Chaceatin
Spouse's Father's Name: Louis Vallero
Spouse's Mother's Name: Boetta Eranea

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Nataliej
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nataliej »

Wow - Fascinating. How did you find that? I have been looking all over but apparently in the wrong places! Thank you!

Grandma had a sister named Maria and it is very possible that Grandma's middle name was Maria - I am not sure - I can't find her obit even though I know I have it around here somewhere. Everything else fits. They didn't speak English so I am sure that Boetta Eranea is really Irene Boetto. I can still hear Grandma's lilting melodic voice saying 'Irene' and it sounding like 'Eranea'

Thank you so much for finding that. It brings back memories and a few tears. The rest of my family will be thrilled to have another piece of the puzzle solved. We are planning a trip there in the next two years - so the more info we can piece together before that the better.

:D :D :D
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Nataliej wrote:I am searching for the parents of my great grandfather Dominico Luscietto. He was born 20 Jun 1888 and immigrated to the US in 1907. I believe he had a brother named Anton Dominic Luscietto and another brother named James. Not sure of their birth dates. Thanks in advance!
POSSIBLE brother James?
On the 1920 US Census, the family listed below Domenico and family (transcribed as LURETTE on Ancestry) are James Lusetto and wife, Christina. James is listed as age 35 (Domenico was age 31). That would put James' (probably Vincenzo) date of birth about 1885.

Click once to enlarge and again to magnify.

ALSO---- found this interesting record...
Death of Anton BOETTO in California in 1990.... Mother's maiden name LUSCETTO
Thought I would just post it in case it "fits" somewhere in your genealogy :-)

Luscetto in entry for Anton J Boetto
California, Death Index, 1940-1997

Name: Anton J Boetto
Event Type: Death
Event Date: 01 Nov 1990
Event Place: Orange, California, United States
Birth Date: 01 Jan 1913
Birthplace: Illinois

Mother's Name: Luscetto

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You will have to send for to Italy for records for civil records of San Ponso and Valperga because they have not been filmed yet try the email first

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di SAN PONSO
Piazza Martiri della Libertà, 1
10080 SAN PONSO (TO)
Italy

email: san.ponso@ruparpiemonte.it

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Domenico Luscietto di Michele

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da San Ponso. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognomen: Domenico Luscietto
Nome e cognome del padre:Michele Luscietto
Luogo di nascita: San Ponso
Data di nascita: 1888
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID
Marty

Marty
Nataliej
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nataliej »

Thank you all so much! James is definitely a brother to gGrandpa Luscieto. I did find out that he had two brother and two sisters but only know that James is one of the brothers. I did find a ships manifest from 1901 that lists a Margherita Luscietto and children as well as a sister in law. I am trying to figure out now how they fit into the picture. My grandmother - who is still living - but was always hesitant to give any info - suddenly finds this very interesting. So perhaps she can help fill in some blanks. I know that Luscietto's from the ships manifest have to be related because it lists them as coming from San Ponso, Italy.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Nataliej wrote:Thank you all so much! James is definitely a brother to gGrandpa Luscieto. I did find out that he had two brother and two sisters but only know that James is one of the brothers. I did find a ships manifest from 1901 that lists a Margherita Luscietto and children as well as a sister in law. I am trying to figure out now how they fit into the picture. My grandmother - who is still living - but was always hesitant to give any info - suddenly finds this very interesting. So perhaps she can help fill in some blanks. I know that Luscietto's from the ships manifest have to be related because it lists them as coming from San Ponso, Italy.
POSSIBLE grave marker of James Luscetto... D. 1964
Wife on 1920 Census is Christina, on grave marker - listed as Louise C.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... 1&ref=acom

T.
Nataliej
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nataliej »

Marty,

Thank you - I have emailed the town of San Ponso. I am so excited. I think I have found my Great Great Grandfather! His wife is still a mystery, but it is beginning to unravel!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nataliej
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nataliej »

Can anyone give me a proper translation of the headstone? I got the top 'In loving memory' but not too sure about the bottom...other than wife and family
Nataliej
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nataliej »

I have just found a photo of a WWI memorial in San Ponso that lists a Sebastian & Antonio Luscietto. I believe them to be sons of Michele and brothers of Domenaco - my great grandfather. I do know that he left Italy because he did not want to fight in the war. How would I go about verifiying the identity of the two on the memorial?? Thanks.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

They are not the sons of Michele here is the info
LUSCIETTO ANTONIO DI CARLO born San Ponso 9 Febbraio 1898 died 1917 Oct 2
LUSCIETTO SEBASTIANO DI DOMENICO born 19 San Ponso 13 Giugno 1893 died 1915 Sept 15
Marty

Marty