Luscietto in San Ponso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
paola52
Elite
Elite

Re: Luscietto in San Ponso

Post by paola52 »

(Dedicated) to the loving memory of LUSIETTO MICHELE born 31 May 1860, died 6 Jul 1938 The bereaved wife and the family collocated (this stone). Pray for him.
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

Just had a look at Ellis Island records
There is one Maria Vallero, aged 19, daughter of Luigi Vallero,(whoi stayed back in Italy) born and residing in Valperga, who arrived Oct 16 1910,
I can't read the name of her final destination: Oglesby?
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0008
she was to join a friend,named Francesco Luscietto.
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

paola52 wrote:Just had a look at Ellis Island records
There is one Maria Vallero, aged 19, daughter of Luigi Vallero,(whoi stayed back in Italy) born and residing in Valperga, who arrived Oct 16 1910,
I can't read the name of her final destination: Oglesby?
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0008
she was to join a friend,named Francesco Luscietto.
Written over "Oglesby" looks like La Salle

T.
Nataliej
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nataliej »

My grandma had a sister named Maria. She married Bernard Berta. I always thought her and Grandma (Annette Vallero) came at the same time and went to Illinios first. I'll have to go look up those records. Thank you all so much!

Just had a quick look at the Ellis Island records. Could that read "la Salle" and Illinois as her destination? Where did it say she was meeting a Luscietto? I didn't see that or missed it

Oops.... Reading this on my phone (small) I see you saw the La Salle as well ;)
fire11774

Post by fire11774 »

Nataliej wrote:Thank you all so much! James is definitely a brother to gGrandpa Luscieto. I did find out that he had two brother and two sisters but only know that James is one of the brothers. I did find a ships manifest from 1901 that lists a Margherita Luscietto and children as well as a sister in law. I am trying to figure out now how they fit into the picture. My grandmother - who is still living - but was always hesitant to give any info - suddenly finds this very interesting. So perhaps she can help fill in some blanks. I know that Luscietto's from the ships manifest have to be related because it lists them as coming from San Ponso, Italy.
Reference Lucietto from San Ponzo, my Great Grandmother was paola or paulina Luscietto and her parents are believe to Margherita Quinzo and Tlario Lucietto of San Ponso and she has/ had cousins in the coal city area of Illinois and her mother is the Marghertia Lucietto with the children that from this ships manifest who went to stay with her husbands brothers family Antonio Luscietto, I have been trying to make connections on this as well there are so many luciettos in that area that have connecting to family records it is hard to figure out how they are all related
PAIN

Post by PAIN »

Hi Nataliej, if you come back...
Michele Luscietto was the grand father of my grand mother, his wife was Margharita Chiavantone, I don't know how many children they had but one was Pietro Paolo Luigi, born 21/06/1904 died during the war in between the camps Buchenwald and Flossenburg 22/04/45 or 06/05/45.
You can contact me you are my family.
glussetto

Post by glussetto »

All, if you need more information about the Lussetto's in Nebraska, just let me know. I live in the western Nebraska area where most of the Lussetto's settled. My grandpa's name was James Michael Lussetto - he died in 1985 or 1986. His brother was Louie Lussetto (they settled in the Albuquerque area). James had three children, Peter (my father), Minnie Miller (lives in a suburb of Denver, Colo.) and Frankie Joe. Peter had 2 boys, Minnie had 2 boys and Frank had one boy and two girls. Louie died about the same time but had two children: Perry and Kathy. They both live in the Albuquerque area with their kids. If there is more information I can provide, I'd love to. I am planning to visit the Turin area in the next year as I'd like to see the Italian homeground. Never been there.