Translation Help of Birth Record_DonatoSoriero

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
KevinO
Rookie
Rookie

Translation Help of Birth Record_DonatoSoriero

Post by KevinO »

Hello,

Can someone assist with translating the attached birth record of Donato Soriero (bottom left page) and Carmina Grieco (bottom right page)?

Thank you

Kevin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carubia
Master
Master

Re: Translation Help of Birth Record_DonatoSoriero

Post by carubia »

I'm going to summarize instead of adhering to the word order of the documents.
The one on the left:
birth of boy Donatantonio, 13 Jul 1871 at 6pm, to father Lorenzo Soriero (farmer, 30, residing in that comune, son of the late Donato) and mother Maria Gio[v]anna Suozzi (wife of the father, residing with her husband, daughter of the late Pietro). The father reported the birth on the 14th.

[It looks clearly like "Gioanna" but I'm guessing the name is Giovanna.]

The one on the right:
birth of girl Carmina, 27 Jul 1871 at 1pm, to father Donato Grieco (farmer, 27, residing in that comune, son of the late Vincenzo) and mother Rosaria Di Vincenza (wife of the father, residing with her husband, daughter of Antonio). The father reported the birth on the same day.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

carubia wrote:I'm going to summarize instead of adhering to the word order of the documents.
The one on the left:
birth of boy Donatantonio, 13 Jul 1871 at 6pm, to father Lorenzo Soriero (farmer, 30, residing in that comune, son of the late Donato) and mother Maria Gio[v]anna Suozzi (wife of the father, residing with her husband, daughter of the late Pietro). The father reported the birth on the 14th.

[It looks clearly like "Gioanna" but I'm guessing the name is Giovanna.]

The one on the right:
birth of girl Carmina, 27 Jul 1871 at 1pm, to father Donato Grieco (farmer, 27, residing in that comune, son of the late Vincenzo) and mother Rosaria Di Vincenza (wife of the father, residing with her husband, daughter of Antonio). The father reported the birth on the same day.

The mother's name is Rosaria.
Erudita
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

Erudita, that's what I wrote (which you can see even in your own quote). I assume that you saw my post before I edited it, where I wasn't sure about Rosaria's name, and then posted yours after I had already edited mine. But if you did that, why does your quote reflect the edited version rather than the original version? :?

Or do you mean that Maria Giovanna is really Rosaria Giovanna?