Second opinion on translation

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jakerees

Second opinion on translation

Post by jakerees »

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349493902

Record 209, Vincenza Sciangula. I already knew her parents names from the marriage record but I'm trying to read what ages it says they are and what the date of her birth is. To me it looks like her father Giuseppe is thirty-two? and mother Caterina Migliorino is twenty something... Vincenza's birth year is 1873, but is it August? Having trouble picking out the month and day words. Thanks in advance.
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Second opinion on translation

Post by erudita74 »

jakerees wrote:https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349493902

Record 209, Vincenza Sciangula. I already knew her parents names from the marriage record but I'm trying to read what ages it says they are and what the date of her birth is. To me it looks like her father Giuseppe is thirty-two? and mother Caterina Migliorino is twenty something... Vincenza's birth year is 1873, but is it August? Having trouble picking out the month and day words. Thanks in advance.

The record is dated Sept 5, 1873 at 9 a.m. in the town hall of Ribera. Giuseppe Sciangula was age 32, a farmer, and the son of Pietro. The infant Vincenza was born today at 6 a.m. to his wife, Caterina Migliorino. She was the daughter of Antonino and was age 23.

Erudita
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

I have Caterina Migliorino and Giuseppe Sciangula, and their parents and some other ancestors as well as thousands of other relatives, in my tree on Ancestry. (I didn't have Vincenza but I'll add her now.) It includes more than 17,000 people connected to Ribera. I can give you access to the tree if you give me an Ancestry member name or an email address. Send me a PM if you're interested.
jennabet
Master
Master

Post by jennabet »

And here again, a big age difference between groom and bride. As the younger women nearly always remarried after the death of a spouse, it was very common for them to give birth to children from a second husband or even a third. For this reason many of our ancestors could be only HALF relatives. This is also the reason that for purposes of recognition of Italian citizenship, the Italian consulates thoroughly scrutinize all documents presented.