Searching for the Gallucci Family of Carcano, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Searching for the Gallucci Family of Carcano, Italy

Post by siskojnash »

I'm trying to search for family of Joseph Gallucci, who was born on May 6, 1883 in Carcano, Italy and died in 1962 0r 1963 in Pennsylvania. The Bethelem area would make sense for the death, since the family seemed to live in that area. His wife is Rose "Rosenia" Passaretta. She was born in 1883 in Sessa Aurunca, Italy and died in Pennsylvania. She had a sister named Francesca Passaretta, who was born in March 1890 in Sorbello di Sessa Aurunca, Italy and died on October 15, 1956 in Jersey City, New Jersey. Assuming I found the correct person for the death, of course. She also had a brother named Antonio Passaretta, who lived in Brooklyn, New York by 1907. My information came from the NY passenger lists for Joseph Gallucci and Rose Passaretta. I don't know anything about either family in Italy or, for that matter, if it's possible that there is family living today in the Bethelem, Pennsylvania area, since they had seemed to settle there and the children seemed to be staying there for awhile. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Searching for the Gallucci Family of Carcano, Italy

Post by PeterTimber »

Try the various telephone directories on www.numberway.com (intellius.com is one where family members are listed along with joseph gallucci. Perhaps a phone call or two might work out for you.
~Peter~
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I think Giuseppe Galluci was born in frazione (suburb) di Cascano di Sessa Aurunca so civil records are held in the town of Sessa Aurunca
Since Alessandro Gallucci their child was born in Sessa Aurunca in 1907 and the records of Sessa Aurunca are limited I would request for the marriage act of Giuseppe Gallucci and Rosa Passaretta for the parents info and other info
I don't see a email address on their website so you will to go postal
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Sessa Aurunca
Via XXI Luglio
81037 Sessa Aurunca (CE)
Italy
OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di matrimonio o l’estratto completo dell’atto di matrimonio di Giuseppe Gallucci e Rosa Passaretta
Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Sessa Aurunca. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di matrimoni di queste persone:
Nome e cognome del marito: Giuseppe Gallucci
Nome e cognome della moglie: Rosa Passaretta
Luogo di matrimonio:Sessa Aurunca
Data di matrimonio: 1903-1907
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Marty when did it become mandatory to include a foto ID with a request for documents from the Comune's in Italy?? I've been away from genealogy for a while and am not aware of these changes, if any. Thanks Peter
~Peter~
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Thank you. Are there online records available somewhere for that area now? Or is that one of the areas where you can't do that yet?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Sessa Aurunca is the depository for villages and hamlets that have been absorbed administratively so that Carcano became part of Sessa Aurunca as a neighborhood or suburb. What concerned me is that it was never necessary to post a foto ID on a translated form letter?
There is a website www.circolocalabrese.org located in that website when you click Genealogy and click for form letter generator that does not display this FOTO ID requirement which is what I found confusing. I am sure the records are available and have been there since the formation of Italy and back to 1809 when Napoleon established civil record keeping for the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies . After 1815 Napoleon beat a hastyretreat and the system remained intact for the Southern part of Italy while the Northern (Austria/france) portions were left to their own devices and some did and some did not maintain civil record keeping.
~Peter~
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

My family from Palermo province has informed me a lot of the comunes require either a notarized request or a photo id for records

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I reviewed the more current http://www.circolocalabrese.org website stato civile letters and no mention has been made of any new ID requirements in their form letter generators? I suppose one of these days somebody will write " I did what you told me but they said I have to send them an ID with Photo's" and then we will know for sure. Thanks marty. Peter
~Peter~
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

So there wouldn't be online records for that area yet?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Unless someone furnished you with contrary information, there should be no problem in requesting records. Peter
~Peter~
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

I mean there aren't online records that a person can just browse or something, like the ones on the familysearch.org? I would rather try to start out learning what I can that way, if such documents are available, before trying to request records.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

No that's not feasible but what is feasible is to buy a book ITALIAN GENEAOLOGICAL RECORDS by Trafford R. Cole which is an easy read with clear explanations, illustrations and translations on Italian Genealogy. Once you read the book for orientation and then next read the book in chapters that interest you, you will understand without the need for browsing. You can try to obtain the book thru your lending library or purchase the book at a book dealer or thru the internet and eventually it will become a ready reference book. Then, of course, we are here to break down walls with you. Peter
~Peter~
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

If you want info of Giuseppe Gallucci you will have to send for it at the present time
The civil records for Cascano are held in the town of Sessa Aurunca the online records of Sessa Aurunca records right now are these Matrimoni 1925-1929 Morti 1923-1924 at the present moment
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2043630

The Family History Library films for rent and viewing of Sessa Aurunca are missing the years of record you need
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

Marty

Marty
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Are there duplicate records at the CASERTA Provincial offices of the Stato Civile that may shed light? Peter
~Peter~