Surname Bellino--dead end!!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
PMM
Rookie
Rookie

Surname Bellino--dead end!!

Post by PMM »

I am at a dead end!! UGH!! I am looking for information on my ggrandmother, Mary Bellino( yet again)DOB July 14, 1886( poss. 1887 could be later) born in Italy( not sure where). Came to US in 1908 with her sister( don't have a name) and settled in Plains, PA. Died in 1974 at the age of 87 in Exeter, PA. That is all of the info I know about her and am at a dead end. :( . I can't find where she lived in 1910 but I know she lived in Plains, PA from 1916 until the early 70's. Any help is appreciated. :) I am also thinking that her middle name was Maria as opposed to her first name( poss, Anna Maria, Marion etc..just a guess)
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Surname Bellino--dead end!!

Post by PippoM »

Can you tell us if Bellino was her birth surname?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
PMM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PMM »

As far as I know Bellino is her surname. I have seen it spelled differently on records(Belltino and Bellina both on marriage records of 2 of her children)There is no maiden name listed on her death cert. I was told she was an orphan and she and her sister came to the US together.Thanks for your help :D
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

What was her husband's name? Where and when were her children born?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

PMM wrote:I am at a dead end!! UGH!! I am looking for information on my ggrandmother, Mary Bellino( yet again)DOB July 14, 1886( poss. 1887 could be later) born in Italy( not sure where). Came to US in 1908 with her sister( don't have a name) and settled in Plains, PA. Died in 1974 at the age of 87 in Exeter, PA. That is all of the info I know about her and am at a dead end. :( . I can't find where she lived in 1910 but I know she lived in Plains, PA from 1916 until the early 70's. Any help is appreciated. :) I am also thinking that her middle name was Maria as opposed to her first name( poss, Anna Maria, Marion etc..just a guess)
Hi
because Demetrio Motta-her husband ( they married in USA)- was born in Tonco (Asti province) I believe that also your Maria was of same area, or almost of same region.. Bellino surname is very popular in Locana ( Torino province).. but I cannot find her arrival.. you have further details?
Regads,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Perhaps you might know the name of the ship they arrived on when they might have landed in NYC ?
~Peter~
PMM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PMM »

Her husbands name was Demetrio Vincent Motta( from Tonco, Italy). Her children are Joseph Motta DOB 9/29/1911- Mineral, KS Lucy Motta DOB 1914- Henriyetta, OK Dora Motta-1916 Wilkes Barre,-PA and Sabina Motta- 1919-Wilkes barre, PA. Mary Bellino came to the USA in 1908( according to 1920 census) and I don't know the name of the ship. Her husband, Demetrio Motta came to the USA in 1901(2?) on the Marco Menghetti. Mary is not listed on the manifest as a passenger on this ship. I don't believe they arrived together. I have very little info about Mary Bellino. I know she lived in Plains, Pa starting in 1916 or a little earlier.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

hmmm... the oldest son was born in Kansas... some Bellino settled in Mineral, Kansas... also ..

and I found that they coming from Coassolo Torinese.... maybe they was related to your Maria... for bad luck no civil records on line abt Coassolo Torinese... so we cannot search....
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
PMM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PMM »

Thanks for your help. Do you know if there is another site I can search for her manifest? Other than Ellis Island? Do you think it's possible that her manifest is missing?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I searched in all ports and by many surname spelling... and no helpful result...
moreover you said that she travelled with sister so it is a specific info and I found no a matching record....
I found just a Maria but with a bit similar surname and coming from Tonco:
First Name : Maria
Last Name : Bonello
Nationality : Italy, Italian
Last Place of Residence : Tonco, Italy
Date of Arrival : March 29th, 1910
Age at Arrival : 23y
Marital Status : Single
Ship of Travel : Chicago
Port of Departure : Havre, France
Manifest Line Number : 0007
with father Antonio Bonello.. Antonio left the daughter Cesarina Clovis ( maybe married name) in Tonco.. final destination the son Francesco Bonello in Old Forge PA

http://libertyellisfoundation.org/passe ... 5nZXIiOw==

My help is a bit limited, because I have troubles with the search on new websites of ellisisland .org..
now it is libertyellisfoundation.org and it is a bit disorganized, dispersive...
I can't check all search filters... I can't choose the year range arrival with precision...
I preferred having all filters in sight and the results: it was helpful the simply list... It was less tiring and it was sparing time...
regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
carinthiangirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by carinthiangirl »

Yes really, the old page was so easy and fast to search - and now :(
I do not like it so much. the simple result list of old site was great and easy.
I do not understand why they changed into this unhelpful way…...
Did you register new?
I could not go longer in with the old name and password on the new site. :roll:
And is it still free?
Until yet did not like to register new.
i´m thinking if should do at all, when it is now so impractical and confusing. :|
And guess after short time one will have to pay….i´m pretty sure…..
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Yes
I made a new registration because my previous account is disabled... It's free as the old site but now the arrivals are increased... I don't believe that we must pay.. the foundation is a foundation.. me too in the past made a donation.. I believe that we must pay if we wish to become a member and so enjoy other services... obviously when a poster will find the ship's manifest of his italian ancestor can order the copy... seeming a main service.. no just a simply option, but a very warm adviced option...
however we can thanks for big effort and to hope that they improve the layout and design, just for a more helpful search...
by our behalf IG is a big and wonderful forum .. we are volunteers and we offering free help for to search the italian ancestors.. and normally we use free databases as the ex ellisisland.org... we must hope that we can continue..
best regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
PMM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PMM »

Is there any information you could give me about Mary Bonello?? DOB? etc. or her family Cesarina Bonello Clovis, Francesco or Antonio?? Thanks so much for all of your help. My ggrandfather came over to the USA in 1901 and there was a person with the surname Bonello on the ship with him. The surname Clovis is also in my ggrandfathers family. His brothers wifes mothers maiden name is Clovis. Could it be possible that my ggrandmothers maiden name has been spelled wrong throughout the years?? This information has been very interesting
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi,
I have no further infos.. in Tonco civil records lacking 1886 and 1887 Birth registries so I cannot search the Maria Bonello birthdate;
I found she and father in 1910 census, just after arrival in USA:

Name: Tony Bonella
Event Type: Census
Event Year: 1910
Event Place: Old Forge Ward 4, Lackawanna, Pennsylvania, United States
Marital Status: Widowed
Race: White
Race (Original): White
Relationship to Head of Household: Head
Relationship to Head of Household (Original): Head
Birth Year (Estimated): 1844
Birthplace: Italy
Immigration Year: 1910
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Household Role Gender Age Birthplace
Tony Bonella Head M 66 Italy
Mary Bonella Daughter F 23 Italy

the father, Antonio (Tony) Bonello came back in Italy, because the son Francesco Bonello in a trip of April 4th, 1914 declared that the father Antonio was in Tonco and he, Francesco, going in Scranton to his sister Annetta Bonello at Scranton Pa.. Mine st 114

maybe: 114 Pa..Mine St Scranton, PA

pag 1 http://libertyellisfoundation.org/passe ... 5pZmVzdCI7
pag 2 http://libertyellisfoundation.org/passe ... 5pZmVzdCI7
Annetta Bonello is another sister...
I have no further details...
regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
PMM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PMM »

Thank you. Would you have any other info about the sister Annetta Bonello ?? Is it Bonella or Bonello? Thanks for your help.