re:lds civil records for palermo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

re:lds civil records for palermo

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i've searched the lds film catalogue for the atti di morte records for palermo.all records,whether nati,matrimoni,or morti,are filed by section,or sezione.the record i'm trying to locate(morti di rosalia mancuso july 1865)is listed in the index as"citta" yet i find no listing for"citta"or city in the lds filmed records for palermo.if this is the case,and no records were filmed for"citta"then much of the palermo civil records are missing from the lds film catalog.i see many sections,or"sezione"listed for nati,matrimoni,and morti,from 1820 up-but no section or"sezione"for citta.am i missing something here?i want to request a copy of the death record,but in order to do that i need the correct film number.any help most appreciated.thanks
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: re:lds civil records for palermo

Post by adelfio »

They have just the death indexes you would have to write to the Comune di Palermo or to the Archivio di stato di Palermo to get that death record of Rosalia or just ask Marcello DAleo if he can help. Do you have the index number of the death record?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

no.i had the actual death index record but not now.lds photoduplication would send me an attached copy of the document if i could supply a film number-with no charge.the civil office in palermo,who actually sent me the index info,charges,as does the state archives in palermo.if only i could find a film that includes atti di morti under citta.but as you say,they(lds)doesnt have it.actually,marcello sent me some information in 1 of his emails to me in this section.let me check it out and if i find that info.i'll let you know.thanks
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i checked all my correspondence from marcello and theres nothing there regarding the citta death index for rosalia mancuso in july 1865.its odd that lds has virtually all the actual death records for virtually every section(sezione)in palermo-but nothing for"citta"
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

death index info.for rosalia mancuso palermo citta 5 july 1865 vol.504 n.1976
Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Post by Marcello_DAleo »

In 1862 was established in Palermo a single office for records of births, marriages and deaths of the four sections of the old city center (Sant'Agata, Santa Cristina, Sant'Oliva and Santa Ninfa). That office, in the ten-year indexes, it has been referred to as "Città". In 1870 was established a second office for the vital recordings of the historic center. The two offices, in the ten-year indexes, are referred to as Ufficio 1" and "Ufficio 2".
Since you already know the number of the volume and of the act, and you do not find the roll of microfilm in the LDS catalog, there are three ways to get the copy you need:
- Write to the Stato Civile office of Palermo
- Write to the State Archive of Palermo
- Hire someone who requires the copy for you.
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i asked the stato civile in palermo to send me if possible an attachment by email.several other comunes i've researched have done that with no problem or charge.we'll see thanks for your help
Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Post by Marcello_DAleo »

You are welcome :-)
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/