Scognamiglio /Jovino not Arena

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Scognamiglio /Jovino not Arena

Post by marymary52 »

I have received the marriage license of my grandfather Luigi Scognamiglio and annia Jovino. I have be trying to find info on my grandmother. My family said her last name was "Arena". I could not find anything on her. She was young when she died in around 1924. Finally I received the marriage license and Her last name was Jovino. She Was married in New York in August 1900' and she was 17 years old. Her mother was Donata Gallo and her father was Catello.
Liigi's parents were Maria Rosato/Rosati and his father was Stanislao All from Castellamare di Satabia Napoli.
I don't no why my family thought the last name was Arena. I can't wait to show my family what I found. I must say the marriage license gives out a lot of info. If you are in a stand still with your genealogy try getting the Marriage license. I love this web site!!!! Thanks to everyone who has helped me in the past.
If anyone can find any info on Donata Gallo or Catello Jovino/Jovina i would love to find more info and I cannot find Annina manifest into Ellis Island. I can't find anything on her! 17 was young to get married and I don't know how long she was in the U.S. before she got Married. I heard she got
married on the boat! I don't know where that came from! She was born Italy. Thanks again, Margaret Mary
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Scognamiglio /Jovino not Arena

Post by adelfio »

Hi Margaret
There are no J's in Italian the name is iovine
Birth record of Marianna Iovine
INDEX#86
1884 Jan 24th in the town of Castellammare Di Stabia birth of Marianna Iovine daughter of Catello Iovine age 33 son of Antonio Iovine and his wife Donata Gallo age 24 daughter of Catello Gallo
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 8:50581201

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
record-image (462).jpg
She Marianna Iovine came over in 2 Oct 1899 through Castle Gardens to see her aunt Rosina Gallo in BROOKLYN
PG LINK TO MANIFEST
http://www.castlegarden.org/quick_searc ... id=9372528

Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Catello Iovine and Donata Gallo
INDEX#66
1883 April 28th in the town of Castellammare Di Stabia marriage of Catello Iovine age 33 tailor born in Castellammare Di Stabia son of Antonio Iovine and Felicia Lo Monica married Donata Gallo age 23 seamstress born in Castellammare Di Stabia daughter of deceased Catello Gallo and deceased Raffaela di Martino
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... L:50356701

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
record-image (463).jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Antonio Iovine and Felicia Lo Monica
INDEX#102
1848 Sept 18th in the town of Castellammare Di Stabia marriage of Antonio Iovine age 21 tailor born in Castellammare Di Stabia son of deceased Francesco Iovine and Lucia Esposito married to Felicia Lo Monica age 17 born in Castellammare father unknown and Vincenza Lo Monica
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 8:50337701

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

There are more records available on familysearch.org like the
Marriage of Catello Gallo and Raffaela di Martino

Marty

Marty
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

Wow! ThankYOU!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Catello Gallo and Raffaela di Martino
INDEX#185
1852 Nov 25th the town of Castellammare Di Stabia marriage of Catello Gallo age 27 born in Castellammare Di Stabia son of Pietro Gallo fisherman and Caterina Esposito married to Raffaela di Martino age 20 born in Castellammare Di Stabia daughter of Catello di Martino farmer and Carmina Esposito
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... L:50340401

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Death record of Pietro Gallo
INDEX#28
1864 Jan 8th in Castellammare di Stabia, Napoli, Italy
death of Pietro Gallo / fisherman
Father's Name: deceased Catello Gallo
Mother's Name: deceased Rosa Rocco
Spouse's Name: deceased Caterina Esposito

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1482813

Marty

Marty
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

I think I might have found family in NY. I found on ancestry.com a picture of Rosina Gallo she lived on 17 President st . On the CastleGarden website Mariannna lovine was going to see her aunt Rosina Gallo on 19th President st a little different with the address, but I am waiting for a email from the Gallo Romano family. Thank you for all your help. I'll let you know what I found on the Gallo family
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

How do I get the full manifest from castleGarden website I would like to see if she was by her self.