Cannarella, Alfano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
carubia
Master
Master

Re: Cannarella, Alfano

Post by carubia »

PeterTimber wrote:send request on form letter located at http://www.circolocalabrese.com and the select GENEALOGY and locate form letter requesting the estratto di nascita of their son Giovanni Alfano in the STATO CIVILE, MUNICIPIO di Cianciana which will contain the Rosa Cannarella name and her husband Calogero Alfano If the document exists then you might want to locate Rosa's birth record. Peter
It is very unlikely that they will have his birth record, considering that he was born around 1805 and the comune didn't start keeping civil records until 1821. There may be a church record of his baptism still in existence.
mcvega
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mcvega »

No I haven't. We have one close by I think but they are only open once a week. I will go there and see if I can find anything. thank You
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

You might ask if the church maintained the LIBRO D'ANIME as well as whether they still have a record of his baptism. The "Book Of Souls" might have more information about the entire family since the establishment of the Libro d'Anime by the church started out in the 1700's with the Council of Trent imposing this book in each and every church parish. Nowadays some church kept the book or even parts of the book while others no longer have the book . Its a hit or miss thing. Peter
~Peter~
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

I'd be interested if you can find some 18th-c. church records in Cianciana. I have some ancestors that moved from there to Ribera around 1800.
mcvega
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mcvega »

Yes, you can get the church records in Cianciana. I was there and I had to ask the mayor to tell the priest that I needed some records because the priest said he was too busy. Unfortunately I was only able to get a marriage document from 1911, because you must have the exact date of the information you want. Also if you go back to the 1700 it is all in Latin and you must have the Latin name. I was not prepared for any of this but it is possible.
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

If I had the exact date I wouldn't need those records. :lol:
mcvega
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mcvega »

That is exactly what I wanted to tell him.