Gasparri, Guerrini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
alysania

Gasparri, Guerrini

Post by alysania »

I've hit a bit of a wall on these folks. I have the following people so far:
Silvio Gasparri - b. 5 Feb 1890 in Montebuono, Grosseto, Toscana
Angelina Gasparri (married a Guerrini) - b. abt 1884 in Montebuono, Grosseto, Toscana

Letters written from Angelina in the 1940s to her niece in Pennsylvania, USA show that she lived in Sorano in Grosseto. It would be neat to link up to any family still living in the region as well.

I'm looking for where I might find the archives to find Silvio and Angelina's birth information in an effort to keep tracing the family line. The archives for Tuscany on Family Search only go up to the 1870s, so I'm not sure if I'm just not finding an online resource or if this is a write-a-letter sort of thing. Any help would be appreciated!
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Gasparri, Guerrini

Post by adelfio »

Montebuono is a frazione (suburb)of the comune of Sorano province of Grosseto so the town of Sorano is where the civil records are held. Unfortunately the records online and of film are limited in the years you ar researching so you will have email or write for the info you seek try the email first if no response in 30 days go postal

email:demografici@comune.sorano.gr.it

Comune di Sorano
Piazza del Municipio 15
58010 Sorano (GR)
Italy
OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Silvio Gasparri

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Montebuono frazione di Sorano. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome :Silvio Gasparri
Luogo di nascita: Montebuono frazione di Sorano
Data di nascita: 1890
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Angelina Gasparri

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Montebuono frazione di Sorano. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome :Angelina Gasparri
Luogo di nascita: Montebuono frazione di Sorano
Data di nascita: 1883-1887
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
alysania

Post by alysania »

Thank you so much! I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.. I had no problem finding records online for another town in the same area, so it felt like maybe I just wasn't finding where they were located.

I really appreciate this!! Thanks again.
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

Good luck with Sorano. I have tried off and on for several years and even had a very notable university professor to intercede for me. The office told him they are too busy with the living to worry about the dead. I have not received one thing from them, and I sent letters in Italian with Italian postage. Nothing. Perhaps find someone in the area to walk in for you.
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

The town doesn't reply because they did not keep civil records prior to 1870. You will need a parish record search to complete your family tree.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
alysania

Post by alysania »

Thanks for the responses. Looks like I'm up the creek unless I can manage to go there myself.

For a parish search, where do I start with that? Still pretty new to this stuff.

Also, somewhat related, we have an old photo of Silvio Gasparri (the gent on the far right, seated) in this photo
https://www.flickr.com/photos/alysania/15748178277
But we don't know what the photo was for. In pencil on the back, it looks like it says, "Cl. Camillo" - it was probably taken around 1910-1913 or so in Italy. Silvio Gasparri was in the military from 1910-1913 and we have his discharge certificate, but I'd imagine if this was a military thing, they'd be in uniform. Any ideas?