Maria Giovanna Tosi - help tracing life forward

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
120camden
Rookie
Rookie

Maria Giovanna Tosi - help tracing life forward

Post by 120camden »

I have received a birth record from the comune in Italy for my Great Grandmother and hoping to trace her life forward from this information before 1920. In Nov 1920, if this is the same person, she came to US with Armand Lagneau through Ellis Island under the name Jeanne. Her obituary from Kokomo, IN lists her as Joan, but gave her birth information, which I then wrote and requested. At some time I believe she was in Argentine South America.
Thank you.

Born: 12/28/1873 in Sartirana Lomellina (Italy)
Cogneome Nom: Tosi
Nomi Prenoms: Maria Giovanna
Parents: Pasquarelli Tosi
Maria Angelo
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Maria Giovanna Tosi - help tracing life forward

Post by PeterTimber »

There are 1500 population in Sartirana Lomellina (PV) 27 people surnamed Tosi in the telephone directory with names,addresses and telephone numbers at http://www.paginebianche.com if you happen to know the names of any relatives. If not then ask the Anagrafe people (Census) if they have any record of her returning to Satriana Lomellina after 1920 in their census statistics as one way to determine if she returned home at any period after 1920? Peter
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Whe Maria went to Argentina she stayed with her sister. Do you happen to know her sisters name? and perhaps you might want to locate that sister in Argentina. Peter
~Peter~
120camden
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 120camden »

I sent an email in Italian to an address of Sartriana (found Googling the comune) asking for any census information. Hopefully someone will respond with help or ideas where to look.
Thanks for helping.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

let me know if you find the sister and I can assist with the Spanish if necessary. Peter
~Peter~
PedroCrespi

Post by PedroCrespi »

My Great Grandmother called Giovanna Maria Tosi who arrived in Brazil in 1911. Coincidence ...