Surname Scarpulla from Villarosa Enna to Windber PA

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
noonegetsin

Surname Scarpulla from Villarosa Enna to Windber PA

Post by noonegetsin »

Hello,

I am looking for information on and relatives of Giuseppe Scarpulla (b. 1883) and Filippo Scarpulla (b. 1888) from Villarosa, Enna, Sicily, Italy. Giuseppe and Filippo traveled to New York on the Principe Di Piemonte and arrived on 21 October 1912. They soon after joined their uncle, Salvatore Scarpulla (my great great-grandfather) in Windber Pa. The Principe Di Piemonte passenger manifest states that Giuseppe was married to Agatha Vanchieri who was his nearest living relative in Italy and Filippo stated that Giacomo Scarpulla, his father, was his nearest living relative in Italy.

Any and all information on Giuseppe and Filippo is greatly appreciated.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Surname Scarpulla from Villarosa Enna to Windber PA

Post by PeterTimber »

Any specifics you have in mind? Most of the time people here who are very conscientious will provide you with basics, most of which you already provided us with. Sounds like you want to know the members of the Giuseppe and Filippo's family . Are you interested beyond that? Peter
~Peter~
noonegetsin

Post by noonegetsin »

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the reply. I'm interested in knowing if they stayed in America or traveled back to Sicily. I'm looking for wives and children's names, birth and death dates and basically anything to extend that portion of the family tree. Ultimately I'd like to organize a family reunion as this part of the family is completely unknown to all of my living family members.

Best regards,

Brian
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There are two Scarpulla listed in the Villarosa telephone directory. One is Giuseppe and the other is Antonio who may very well be related to you. Go to http://www.paginebianche.it and put in Scarpulla on the left and Villarosa (EN) on the right and click TROVA for the two persons with their address, telephone number and map of their location in Villarosa. If you want to send them a potential relative letter you go to http://www.initaly.com/gene/mem/letter1.htm Peter
~Peter~
frich1230

Post by frich1230 »

Hello

I just started developing my Family Tree on Ancestry.com. I believe Giuseppe may be my Grandfather.
I know he arrived in NY 1912, was from Villarosa Sicily

You may contact me via my email frich1230@gmail.com, I have info you may enjoy

Frank