new to forum but need help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
linda_define

new to forum but need help

Post by linda_define »

I am trying to locate several of my relatives in Italy however I will start with the closest to my linage. I belive my relatives lived in the province of Catania in the area of Son Cono. My grandfather who immigrated to the US name was Salvatore Cammarata (sept 27, 1895) and his brothers were Cono, (nov 6, 1893) and Santo and his sisters Josephine and Gracia. His fathers name is unknown to me although his first son was named joseph or Giuseppi. His mothers name is either Filippa Vasallo or possibly Filippa Turchio. I am at a loss as to how to find there records although I am a world member of ancestory. Others I am researching are Domenica Mandracchia of Poggioreale and Stefano Pizzalato who are the parents of Salvatore Cammarata's wife Anna Pizzolato who was born in the US. Any suggestions from anyone would be helpful. Thank you for reading my email.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: new to forum but need help

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
Birth record of Salvatore Cammarata
INDEX#68
1895 Sept 27th in the town of San Cono birth of Salvatore Cammarata son of Giuseppe Cammarata age 36 farmer and Filippa Vasallo

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,129131801

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
record-image (478).jpg
EDITED YEAR
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
linda_define

Post by linda_define »

I am so grateful to you. I have been hoping for years to find even one piece of paper like this. You have made one of my dreams come true
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Giuseppe Cammarata and Filippa Vasallo
INDEX#8
1891 Aug 27th in the town of San Cono marriage of Giuseppe Cammarata age 32 farmer born in GANGI son of deceased Santo Cammarata and Carmela Scavuzzo married to Filippa Vasallo age 25 farmer born in San Cono daughter of deceased Pasquale and Francesca Rizzo
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,128729801

record-image (479).jpg
EDITED
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Glad to help in your research
Your Giuseppe Cammarata came from the town of Gangi province Palermo
Birth record of Giuseppe Cammarata
INDEX#259
1859 July 18th in the town of Gangi birth of Giuseppe Cammarata son of Santo Cammarata age 40(abt1819)farmer and Carmela Scavuzzo age 30 (abt 1829)

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,128781101

record-image (480).jpg
Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth of Filippa Vasallo
INDEX#53
1866 Oct 13th in the town of San Cono birth of Filippa Vasallo daughter of Pasquale Vasallo age 47 (son of deceased Pasquale) and Francesca Rizzo age 32 (daughter of deceased Cano)
PG LINK TO RECORD
record-image (481).jpg
Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Before the marriage of Giuseppe Cammarata and Filippa Vasallo Giuseppe was married to Stella Interliggi age 24 daughter of Salvatore she died in 1889 in San Cono
PG LINK TO DEATH RECORD

Marty

Marty
linda_define

Post by linda_define »

I am amazed by the help I have received in this forum. I hope to repay the help I have received someday when I am experienced. Thanks again
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Its always great to give back to IG and help another........

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Cataldo Cammarata(Brother of Giuseppe Cammarata) and Serafina Forti
INDEX#15
1895 Oct 13th in the town of San Cono marriage of Cataldo Cammarata age 27 farmer born in GANGI son of deceased Santo Cammarata and Carmela Scavuzzo married to Serafina Forti age 20 born in San Cono daughter of Giacomo Forti and Francesca Rizzo
PG LINK TO RECORD

record-image (483).jpg
Birth record of Cataldo Cammarata
INDEX#34
1868 Jan 26th in the town of Gangi birth of Cataldo Cammarata son of Santo Cammarata age 55 farmer(Son of deceased Giovanbattista Cammarata) and his wife Carmela Scavuzzo daughter of deceased Salvatore Scavuzzo

PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty

Marty
linda_define

Post by linda_define »

Thanks Marty

You are such a help to me and my family tree.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Angelo Vasallo (Brother of Filippa Vasallo ) and Salvatrice Alessandro
INDEX#16
1896 Oct 29th in the town of San Cono marriage of Angelo Vasallo age 32 farmer born in San Cono son of deceased Pasquale Vasallo and Francesca Rizzo married Salvatrice Alessandro age 18 born in San Cono daughter of Giuseppe Alessandro and Paola Capobianco
PG LINK TO RECORD

record-image (484).jpg
Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage Cano Vasallo (Brother of Filippa Vasallo ) and Nunzia Barbera
INDEX#3
1890 Jan 20th in the town of San Cano marriage of Cano Vasallo age 39 farmer born in San Cono son of deceased Pasquale Vasallo and deceased Francesca Rizzo married to Nunzia Barbera age 34 born in San Cono daughter of deceased Calogero Barbera and deceased Antonia Minuco??
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,128724901
record-image (485).jpg
Marty

Marty
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

adelfio wrote:Marriage Cono Vasallo (Brother of Filippa Vasallo ) and Nunzia Barbera
INDEX#3
1890 Jan 20th in the town of San Cono marriage of Cono Vasallo age 39 farmer born in San Cono son of deceased Pasquale Vasallo and deceased Francesca Rizzo married to Nunzia Barbera age 34 born in San Cono daughter of deceased Calogero Barbera and deceased Antonia Minuco??
Marty
linda_define

Post by linda_define »

The name Giovanbattista Cammarata is a bit confusing to me. Is that one word or Giovano battista ? Of course when I do a search nothing matches unless I separate and make it two words. I have not found anything on this name. Can anyone help ?