RE: Labriola / Olita in Pignola & Potenza

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tuccilv

RE: Labriola / Olita in Pignola & Potenza

Post by tuccilv »

Looking for my grandmother's birth certificate in Pignola, Basilicatta. She was born November 21, 1905. Her name was Rosina Maria Labriola. Her father was Luigi Salvatore Labriola and was born in 1872. Her mother was Maria Giuseppa Olita and was born in Pignola in 1875. I believe her father's name was Felice Olita. I am going to be in Pignola in late November 2014 and don't even know where to look for her birth certificate. I looked through some LDS micro-film and couldn't find any records. If anyone can offer any help, it would be greatly appreciated.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: RE: Labriola / Olita in Pignola & Potenza

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Welcome to the forum.

There are records online at Family Search covering the years 1866-1910 for Pignola, Potenza as follows:

Record Type and Year
Nati 1866-1910 Pubblicazioni 1866-1875
Pubblicazioni 1874-1910 Matrimoni 1866-1910 Morti 1866-1910
You'll find these here: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... %3D2043547

There are also records online at Ancestry.com for Pignola, Potenza but you need a subscription to view the records. Some libraries however have an institutional subscription to Ancestry.com where you can view the records and save to a USB stick. Ancestry.com would probably be a quicker option for you because the records are broken into years. Scroll down to the bottom of this link until you get to “Browse this collection”.
http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=1886

Angela
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Rosina Labriola
INDEX#94
1905 Nov 21st in the town of Pignola birth of Rosina Labriola daughter of Luigi Labriola and Maria Giuseppa Olita presented by Carmela De Simone midwife
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
31053_A503154-00033.jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Luigi Salvatore Labriola and Maria Giuseppa Olita
INDEX#20
1894 July 15th in the town of Pignola marriage of Luigi Salvatore Labriola age 23 miller born in Potenza son of Saverio Labriola and Angela Salviola married to Maria Giuseppa Olita age 19 farmer born in Pignola daughter of Felice Olita and Angela Laraia
31053_A503238-00011.jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth of Luigi Salvatore Labriola
INDEX#235
1871 May 28th in the town of Potenza birth of Luigi Salvatore Labriola son of Saverio Labriola (son of deceased Luigi) and Angela Salviola (daughter of deceased Vincenzo) side note says he married
Maria Giuseppa Olita 1894 July 15th
31053_A500006-00087.jpg
Marty

Marty
tuccilv

Post by tuccilv »

Thank you both very much. I found my grandmother's birth certificate and thank you adelfio for the additional information. I had some names wrong on my great grandfather's side of the family. I didn't expect so much help. I really do appreciate it. I leave for Pignola in 20 days and really wanted to make sure I was going to the right town. Once again, thank you.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You are welcome
Was Maria Giuseppa Olita a foundling born in 1875 in Pignola

Marty

Marty
tuccilv

Post by tuccilv »

I am not sure she was a foundling or not to be honest, but she was born in 1875. I know she had a couple of sisters (Rachela and Carmela) and one brother (Saverio). Felice was her father, or so she listed him as such. I believe she was the oldest child. Why do you think she may have been a foundling?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I see a Maria Giuseppa Olinta born in 1875 in Pignola no parents says foundling do you have that record
31053_A503123-00066.jpg
Marty

Marty
tuccilv

Post by tuccilv »

I am actually looking through the records right now.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Possibility Felice Olita and Angela Laraia recognized her as their child
I know its spelled Maria Giuseppa Olinta but I looked through the indexes didn't see any other Maria Giuseppa's in 1872-1878 Also Rachela Olita was born in 1881 April 19th in Pignola

PG LINK TO RECORD
http://interactive.ancestry.com/1886/31 ... 3129-00022

Marty

Marty
tuccilv

Post by tuccilv »

I looked through the records too and see she was not listed in the birth records for the year of 1875. Wow, every time you look around you find a new twist. This is kind of sad news.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Maria Carmela Olita daughter of Felice Olita and Angela Laraia was born 1884 July 16th in Pignola
PG LINK TO RECORD
http://interactive.ancestry.com/1886/31 ... 3132-00030

Marty

Marty
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Marty, great work! as usual. You're a legend. :D

Tuccilv, I've just sent you a reply to your pm :)
Angela
tuccilv

Post by tuccilv »

I saw Marty actually helped my cousins on my other side of the family. The Route/Routa/Routi family awhile ago. You are indeed very kind Marty. I sent those records to my cousins just this week.