Searching for info on Aversa family name from Ceccano, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
royalbobcat

Searching for info on Aversa family name from Ceccano, Italy

Post by royalbobcat »

Hi! I am searching for info on Aversa family name from Ceccano, Italy. I have traced back to a Vincenzo Aversa born around 1875 in Ceccano (from what I have turned up). Any info regarding this family name or my great, great grandfather Vincenzo would be fantastic.

thanks
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Searching for info on Aversa family name from Ceccano, I

Post by PeterTimber »

There is no record for Aversa as a surname other than it is a southern Italian and Sicilian spelling surname in the Italian surname dictionary. There is no immediate record of any nobility attached to the name nor its variations (Averza, Aversano and Averzano). What did you turn up about the Aversa surname in Ceccano taking you back to 1875? If your seeking information about your family then what specific information would you want to receive? Documents like birth,marriage and death certfiicates? Please advise. Peter
~Peter~
royalbobcat

Post by royalbobcat »

Thanks for your response. I am looking to go back as far as possible with my Aversa roots. I am new on these boards but will attempt to attach my evidence to this point.... here goes... Thanks for any help you can provide!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
royalbobcat

Post by royalbobcat »

To answer your question more directly Peter.... I am trying to fill in Aversa family tree with as much info as I can find. I also hope to get to Italy next year and try and find out more info locally but not sure what I will find. Again... any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

May I suggest that you borrow or purchase the book Italian Genealogical Records by Trafford R. Cole which is an easy read and will bring you up to snuff on Italian genealogy with picture and illustrations for you to view and compare with what you can expect to receive. Work backwards from the USA to Italy and to the town of origin, to the town archives which will furnish you with documents free of charge. Form letters to be sent can be located for your instant viewing at www.circolocalabrese.org and select genealogy for the form letters. Can you speak,read or write Italian? We are here to assist you at every turn so lots of luck! Peter
~Peter~
royalbobcat

Post by royalbobcat »

I have seen the form letter conversion/generation templates..... however if we can send emails... as mentioned on the forum..... is there a place for generation of form email? The typical form letter generators usually speak of sending info via post.... and not in email. Do these agencies usually accept email requests for hard copies to be sent via mail (post) or are they able to send email replies with copies? If they can... I am looking for form email requesting an email response.
Does this make sense? Thanks
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

You send the form letters as e-mails.. Yes currently e-mails will do just fine and responses to you will be sent by e-mail as well. Requesting an e-mail response is not necessary. There is no charge for documents. You can try requesting a hard copy and await their response to your request since they will do whatever they wish since there is no charge. Peter
~Peter~
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

For the Comune of Ceccano I recommend a letter by post BUT the books are stored in a cupboard at ceiling height (10-12 feet) and the clerk has vertigo. She won't go up the ladder. Last time I was there I went up the ladder to get the books down.
The parish church has pretty good records and I see a Vincenzo Aversa married Catherina around 1908 (a guess) in the index. I don't have any baptism indexes so can't check for you but there were quite a few Aversa in Ceccano in the 1800's.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

" I santi ti aiutano soltanto quando scendi" Peter
~Peter~
royalbobcat

Post by royalbobcat »

Thanks Ann for the great info.... The Vincenzo I am looking for had a son named Antonio ("Jack" 1895-1985). In 1913 when Antonio (Jack) came to US, the passenger documentation showed he was leaving a mother (Fabrizia? Giovanni) in Ceccano to destination of New Kensington, pa where his father Vincenzo was. I believe that Vincenzo came to US around 1905 - 07..... See attachment for doc that I threw together with this info. Regarding the books up 10-12ft, what should I do from this point? Is there any benefit of going to a Family History center to try and rent the items listed at bottom??? How does rental work? Is it a lengthy/expensive process? I guess I am looking for a suggested course of action. If I was to travel to this town... what would be the best approach to finding and copying these documents? How long do you think I should set aside to visit the town in order to allow ample time to research what town archives have to offer?

This is a very meaningful endeavor so thanks VERY much to all for your help and guidance!

Registri dello stato civile di Ceccano (Frosinone), 1886-1897
Authors Ceccano (Frosinone). Ufficio dello stato civile (Main Author)

Note Location
Film

Nati 1897 FHL INTL 1884997 Item 3

Pubblicazioni 1886, 1889 FHL INTL Film 1898879 Item 2

Indice ai morti 1871-1880 FHL INTL Film 1899523 Item 6

These microfilm would need to be rented and used at a local family history center
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

There are so few films and missing so many years that unless you are sure of the year I wouldn't bother especially if you can plan a trip to Italy to do this.
Write to the town office and let them know the day you will be there. Ask them if the records will be available for searching. (they won't let you do it, but they will while you stand there although it will take a while as they attend to walk-in customers). The office is only open in the mornings from 8:30 to 12:00 Mon to Sat.
There are three parishes. You will need to make an appointment with the priest (www.chiesacattolica.it) for address.
The local library has a list of eligible voters for the year 1846 arranged by parish if I remember correctly.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.