Help with birth certificate

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Storm45

Help with birth certificate

Post by Storm45 »

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone could help me get a hold of my great grandfather's birth certificate. He was born in 1895 in Agrigento. I look forward to hearing from you all!
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Re: Help with birth certificate

Post by Anizio »

I'm not sure if it is online, but if you know the year and the place, and even maybe a date, I could help you with writing a letter/email to the civil records office in the town. That could get you a photocopy of the birth certificate within a week if you are fortunate.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

There are plently of records of the towns of Agrigento province just give us a name and town and be glad to help

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Storm45

Post by Storm45 »

Hey guys, thanks for he help so far! I really appreciate it. he was born on March 12,1895. According to what I've found so far says he was born in Girgenti, Girgenti and his name was Andrea Cardinale.

*** Failed connect to http://moderate.cleantalk.ru/api2.0. Automoderator cleantalk.org ***
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

Do you mean the city or province of Agrigento? Civil records for most of the towns of the province for that time period are online on FamilySearch.org in 2 collections, one for the eastern part of the province (the Agrigento tribunale) and one for the western part (the Sciacca tribunale).
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

Never mind. Cross-post.The birth record should be on this roll:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,245455201

Except the birth records seem to jump from 1894 to 1896. (1896 starts around slide #1099.) Sometimes the years are out of order. I hope it's the case here.
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

I linked the poster to a few records yesterday in PM.

Here's a summary of the information so far if anyone wants to continue further:

on 12 March, 1895 in Agrigento, Andrea Cardinale was born to Teresa Milano (age 23).

Making Teresa born in 1872.
Teresa Milano is number 300 in the registry for the year of 1872.

Marriage certificate was number 31 on the registry for 1892
February 27, 1892 Teresa Milano married Salvatore Cardinale (age 32), a painter.

Salvatore was the son of deceased Francesco Cardinale and the still living Rosaria Zangaglia.
Teresa Milano was the daughter of the living Andrea Milano and the living Rosa Cali.

The registries are the best resource since they can point you to the right slide. I found those two records in less than 30 minutes.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

Anizio wrote: on 12 March, 1895 in Agrigento, Andrea Cardinale was born to Teresa Milano (age 23).
From where did you obtain this info? Did you find the birth record for Andrea Cardinale? If so, was it on the microfilm roll I linked to, and if that is also true, on which slide?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

From ancestry.com page 70 of 319
Birth record of Andrea Cardinale born in Agrigento
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
31600_208317-00693.jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

This record is very light I going to leave the pg link from ancestry.com for another set of eyes
PG LINK TO RECORD
http://interactive.ancestry.com/1892/31 ... 8203-02131

Marriage of Andrea Milano and Rosa Cali
INDEX#9
1868 Feb 21 in Agrigento marriage of Andrea Milano age 27 son of Domenico Milano and Teresa Arlotto?? married to Rosa Cali daughter of deceased Libertino Cali and deceased Calogera Messina

Marty

Marty